Cider Vinegar for Flavoring Meat

I have found that cider vinegar is fantastic for making meat more tender and tastier. I use it on every type of meat, except chicken. No matter how much vinegar you put on you, don't taste it.

By Judy from Lanark, Ontario, Canada

How do you apply it to the meat? Brush on,spray on?

I'll tell my sad funny tale of woe. Last year I had the cheap cut of steak marinating with the vinegar and the husband didn't want it that night, so I think 2 days later i cooked it. UGH. you could taste the wang and it was sad. SOOOOOOOO, don't leave it on there the way I did, lol.

I had a similar experience to loridawn. I put Cider Vinegar on a Pork Tenderloin as one of the marinade ingredients. I let it marinade overnight and we grilled it the next night. All I could taste was the Cider Vinegar...even dipping each bite into Hollandaise Sauce didn't help. My husband even tried "marinating" the already cooked pork tenderloin overnight in Hollandaise Sauce and warming it up the next day for lunch...still nothing but the Cider Vinegar.

So be very careful how long you marinate the meat!

God Bless,

Sheila in Titusville, FL

Hi: i just spray both sides before cooking, great on frozen meat also, i do not marinade the meat, while cooking i will spray a few more shots on.

Some cookbooks advocate not letting the meat sit in a tenderizing marinade for more than a couple of hours because the meat becomes mushy. Or in this case, overly flavorful.

I marinate meats in vinegar not for the flavor, but to kill any bacteria that might be on the meat. Just soak it for about a half an hour, rinse well and you can't tell it ever was in vinegar.

Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatJuly 10, 2007
Mulled Grape Cider
Mulled Grape Cider Recipes
Apple Cider Vinegar With Apples and Cinnamon
Health Remedies Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎄