Supporting A Scarecrow

How do I support a scarecrow? I know many of you have made up scarecrows for Fall seasons. What are some of the ways you have supported them? I'd like to make it so I can re-position him every few days. I would love photos and/or ideas. Thanks so much.

Susan from Scottsville, VA

You can set him on bales of hay or straw. You can run a stiff wire inside his arms and legs to bend them to shapes.

I hang mine on a shepherds hook...like what you hang potted hanging plants on. You can get one at Lowe's/Home Depot.

PVC pipe with different joints...can plant it right into the ground.

We used a broken push broom stick last year. Just jammed it into the ground and tied the body onto it. For the head we just cut a little hole in the bottom of the plastic pumpkin and put it on the top of the broomstick.

Crafts AdviceAugust 27, 2008
Scarecrow Craft
Scarecrow Craft Ideas
basket of clothing
Uses for Old Clothing
supporting cucumbers
Supporting Cucumber Vines
Making a Scarecrow Costume
Making a Scarecrow Costume
🎉
🎄