Use Fleece Throws for Warm Curtains

For really frugal and warm curtains, I purchased two of those fleece throws that are on sale for under $5 and used the inexpensive gold clips. The two throws fit a 76 inch picture window nicely, and they come in dark colors also nice for wintertime. Mine came with a nice cloth bow tied around it which I used for tiebacks.

By Peggy N. from Canastota, NY

Editor's Note: If you need larger curtains:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf51723630.tip.html

Thank you for a great idea, I have been wanting heavier curtains for our western NY winter. I am going shopping for some this weekend. I think I need 3, as I have a double and a single window in the room. I will split one down the middle and sew it up for the single. Thanks again for the idea.

Wonderful idea!

What a great idea. I moved into an older park model travel trailer and it does not have windows for the winter. Since my windows are small, I can use probably 3 for my slide out area in my living room and a couple in my bedroom. Actually these would work for me in the summer because my trailer sits in the direct sun all morning & a good deal of the afternoon and it would be like have installation on my windows. And it will be really cheap to do it this way. Thank you.

I actually forgot to add to my previous post that I can also use this idea to make my patio glass door curtains heavier for both the winter and the summer. I will either sew or use some fabric glue to attach the fleece blanket to the top below the hanging tabs. I could have used this idea this summer when it was so hot next to the patio glass doors.

Thank you for that idea I love it and they are nice & lightweight & inepensive. I am thinking about putting velcro on the edges.

Liz Az

I use this idea too. My Mum made a large hem so I could thread the curtain rod through - I actually use it in summer as well to keep the harsh sun out of the sleep out - throws come in so many colours and aptterns they're good fun to play around with for all kinds of areas

Would some of you please post a photo of how you attached it to the window if there are no drapery hooks? Thanks! These are great ideas that I can really use!

We simply used push pins to attach ours to the wall.

Oh my, I have this up on my window year round. I have a fleece blanket with a flaming skull on it. I cut a plain black fleece blanket and sewn it to the outside of the skull blanket. Then I just folded the tops over a bit to make a pocket to hang on the curtain rod. When the sun shines through the blanket, it illuminates the design and it looks really neat... inside the house and outside. We just pull it to the side when we want to open the curtain. I strongly suggest using a blanket with a picture. It looks great. If you are a military family, they make fleece blankets with the branches... show your support :)!

I've used a 50X76 throw with a pattern on it for my son's window in his room for years. I would like to know how you attach it with the gold rings. I'm currently using binder clips to attach it to the window topper.

Thanks.

Check your thrift stores for throws you can find them for a couple of dollars lots of styles & colors. Also for mounting I did the velcro thing & they just would not stay up so i did the hammer & nail. Then I found curtain rods at the thrift store the tension kind for a 1.00 beats 6.00 at Walmart. I have found that many times it's not something I need right now so I have time to find what I can use cheaply.

Frugal Window Treatment
Frugal Window Curtains
Home and Garden Home Improvement WindowsNovember 11, 2008
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
Woman hanging a window treatment.
Window Treatment Advice
🎉
🎄