Finding Combinations for Old Locks

Any ideas how I can get the combination for various combination locks. I have a ton of these things around the house that my son has used on his school lockers for years. They are shut and we have no combinations. Any ideas?

By Candace from Scottsdale, AZ

Take your combination locks to a locksmith. The locksmith will check the serial number on the lock, look it up in a book and he can tell you the number the manufacturer assigned to the lock.

If all else fails, make chimes out of them! ;0)

I use to have this problem. I had a lot of locks lying around. They were all master combination locks. I put them in a mailer & sent them to master. They will put the combination on a tag & hook it to the lock. Then they send them back to you. It only costs the postage to send it. They are very nice about it. I even asked them to make some locks, with the combination i asked for. That way I could make them easier to remember.

There a tons of videos on youtube about how to open/hack locks as well as how to recover combinations for most standard lock brands. Obviously, all are posted with the caveat that the procedures not be used for illegal purposes. Good Luck.

Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 17, 2009
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Tetrazzini Recipes
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Man Replacing Deadbolt and Door Lock on Door
Replacing Deadbolts and Door Locks
Security Lock
Inexpensive Security Locks