In Memory of Garfield (ThriftyFun Office Cat)

My 21 year old cat Garfield passed away peacefully last week.

Garfield was know by many names over the years: Gar, G-Force, G, Smurfer, and, most recently, Cowboy. As he aged, he started to walk like a cowboy! : )

Not everyone was as fond of Garfield as I was, because he had a bad reputation for being grumpy. Sometimes he would try to bite a bit of your hand, or claw your leg as you walked passed. But, I always knew he was a sweetheart and just had a sore back that made him grumpy sometimes.

In the last few years, he became a real sweetie. He would take all the attention he could get from anyone who was willing to give it to him. This transformation really shocked all of those who thought he was just a big grumple-puss.

I will miss my grumpy ol' cowboy.

By Stella from Manchester, WA

The picture of him toasting himself in the sun is my favorite! He was truly loved!

So sorry for your loss, what a sweetie!

God Bless Garfield, and you for giving him such a loving home. No doubt that he has everyone at the Rainbow Bridge in line by now. :) How blessed are we to have shared our lives with a critter.

My heart goes out to you. We had a beautiful family Siamese, that was gorgeous and smart, and TJ lived for nearly 17 years. I can still hear my daughter crying on the phone, from the bottom of her heart, when she informed me of his passing. I was separated and not living in the family home at the time and she was in her 2nd year of College. Even though she had not lived at home for the last couple of years, she was still very attached to TJ, I really felt for her. So I have some kind of idea of what you might be going through. When we become attached to our animals they are like family members. I know I have a dog and cat, and I love them dearly. So I am sorry for your loss. Time will heal your heart, but I am sure you will never completely forget Garfield. He leaves the gift of good memories.

If anyone knows the anguish which the loss of a beloved pet can bring, I do. At my advanced age, I've loved so many over the years, and still carry their sweet memories close in my heart. Only the people who have known and loved a pet can understand the empty spot their absence leaves and just how much they meant to us.

Pets are an inspiration in our lives though and what they leave with us are all the precious and sweet memories of the life and love they shared with us.

Treasure the good times.

Garfield looks like such a sweetie boy. I know exactly how you feel. Losing a beloved pet that is part of your family is hard to bare. WE had our wonderful cat Rodney for over 22 years. We now have 3 cats that are spoiled rotten,as they should be. Garfield now has no back pain and is running and playing with his friends at the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs.

Garfield had a wonderful life. I'm glad he was your special kitty and you loved each other.

He would never let me touch him but I always tried once before giving him his space. :) I will miss him and his cowboy walk.

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved cat. I know how hard it is. He is at peace.

Garfield (Cat)
Pets Pet PagesJuly 4, 2011
woman using computer
Using Microsoft Office Programs
Office Decorations
Ideas for Decorating an Office
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt