Garfield (Cat)

This is my cat Garfield, AKA: G-Force, G, Smurfer and more. When I was young, my mom and I went into a vet's office for one of our pets. While we were there, I heard a meowing in the back room and went to investigate while nobody was watching.

I found my way back to this room where there were a bunch of cages. I walked slowly, looking into each cage and trying to find where the meowing was coming from. All of a sudden the meowing stopped. I walked a little further, and it started again. So, I turned around walked back a bit, the meowing stopped again. I finally figured out which cat it was. I continued to walking past the cage to make him start meowing, then standing in front of his cage to make him stop. I took this as a sign that he loved me and wanted to come home with me.

I ran back out to the front (probably interrupting) "Mom Mom! There is a cat back here and he loves me, we need to take him home!" I dragged my mom by her hand to the back room (where she promptly scolded me for snooping in places I shouldn't). I showed her the cat in the cage, with the name Garfield. I demonstrated how he would meow when I walked away and stopped when I got close. "See, he loves me!"

My mom loved animals and so she wasn't very hard to convince. She asked the people at the vet clinic about him and found out he needed a home. We took him home that very day.

Now he is 20 years old. He is a bit slow and walks kinda like a cowboy but, all in all, he is pretty healthy for a cat of his age. In this photo, he was enjoying the sun coming in through the window.

By StellaBell

Your story literally brought tears to my eyes! How Blessed both you and Garfield are that he is the ripe old age of 20! That's about 96 in human years! Thank you so much for sharing Garfield!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I love orange boys! They seem to have such unique personalities!

I have two right now, Charlie and Fred. My little 'boy friends'.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

How nice to have found each other. My cat is now 18 but I do not believe she will be with us very much longer as she has cancer (jaw) and there is nothing the vet can do for that. We are sad but glad for you, I hope he lives many more years.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Good for all of you, mom, you and Garfield! I hope you share much more together!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I'm sitting here with the tears rolling down my face too. I have a similar story, so I know exactly how you must have felt at the time you asked your mom to please bring Garfield home with you. I also brought a kitty home once

and it ended up being the "experience of a lifetime". My story didn't end quite as good as yours,however, I wouldn't have missed it for all the money in the world. My heart still aches.

Thank you for sharing your Garfield with us. He is special and you must be as well since he chose you.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Ditto for me on the tears, wonderfu story! Reminds me of my favorite kitty I rescued when I was a kid, he used up nearly all of his 9 lives(giving us all grey hair in the process), but lived to the ripe old age of 19 1/2 .

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I am sitting here just a crying because I lost my 18 year old cat not too long ago. My old computer crashed on me and I think I have lost all of my old photos of all of my animals.

My error for not backing up my files. It will not happen again. When I get my old one back I am going to see if I can get someone to download all my old ones. Have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

My 21 year old cat Garfield passed away peacefully last week.

Garfield was know by many names over the years: Gar, G-Force, G, Smurfer, and, most recently, Cowboy. As he aged, he started to walk like a cowboy! : )

Not everyone was as fond of Garfield as I was, because he had a bad reputation for being grumpy. Sometimes he would try to bite a bit of your hand, or claw your leg as you walked passed. But, I always knew he was a sweetheart and just had a sore back that made him grumpy sometimes.

In the last few years, he became a real sweetie. He would take all the attention he could get from anyone who was willing to give it to him. This transformation really shocked all of those who thought he was just a big grumple-puss.

I will miss my grumpy ol' cowboy.

By StellaBell from Manchester, WA

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

Photos Pets CatsNovember 23, 2010
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf84379396.tip.html