Tuxedo Cat Information and Photos

Category Cats
Tuxedo defines a cat color, not a breed. A true tuxedo cat will be mostly black with white on the jaw, neck, chest, and paws. These bicolored cats are always ready of a formal event. This is a guide about tuxedo cat information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Mittens is a 6 year old cat. I was at a yard sale and they had a box of 10 week old kittens so I thought I'd surprise our then 6 year old son with his 1st kitty, um. Hubby was surprised too. lol She loves playing with yarn. I buy cat toys and she ignores them.

By Debbie G. from Tacoma, WA

Closeup of black and white cat.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 33

Oolong is 5 years old and a Tuxedo cat. He is a rescue. He goes by many nicknames including Ooober and Dorka-Orca.

Previously, Oolong's past times were playing with toys of all kinds and rubber bands and practicing his escape techniques. He loved to crouch near the door and dash outside at every possible opportunity just to make sure we stayed in shape.

Then in August, he accomplished this feat unnoticed and was missing in action for almost 3 months. Someone eventually recognized him from our zillions of posters and called us. So now Oolong is stuck in quarantine while we await his retesting for FIP. He lost 4 lbs on his adventure but has been gaining a pound per week since he has been home.

Now Oolong seems to enjoy cuddling and being pet more than anything else! Oh yeah, and FOOD! :) Words cannot even express how happy we are to have him back again! Hopefully he has learned his lesson.

By lalala... from Port Orchard, WA

Oolong (Tuxedo Cat)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Jake was a domestic polydactyl Tuxedo kitty. Just as with each and every human, so too is it that each and every fur baby is unique and special, but there was just something extra about Jake that endeared him to absolutely everyone. He passed away a year and a half ago at the ripe old age of eighteen and I still miss him dearly. But fond memories live on not only in my heart. but also in the hearts of many others.

One fall day, a cat I had never seen before simply walked through the open door, came inside, started checking things out, and when I finally noticed him (who knows how long he had actually been there because I was busy painting) he just looked at me as if saying, "Hello, here I am and I now plan to live with you." I can't remember exactly why I named him Jake, but the name just seemed to suit him. He was about six months old.

Jake's looks were as unique as his goofy, carefree personality. He was a polydactyl tuxedo kitty with 24 toes and color markings that were far enough "off the mark" that his nickname was clown kitty. His front paws (7 toes each) looked like boxing gloves and he could even slightly separate the three inside toes from the other four, grab something small between the three and the other four and pinch them closed enough to hold tightly to the item. Each of his back paws had 5 toes and those feet simply seemed huge.

He was an extra long, lanky boy with not a bit of fat, but he did have one of those "lots of extra skin hanging down" type of bellies. Between those huge clunky feet, the lanky body, and then that belly which would swing from side to side made it hysterically funny to watch him run.

He loved playing with Q-tips clenched between the three and four toes and would swing it, with paw in air, back and forth and then release it, chase it and start all over again. He also liked hiding them in between the sofa cushions. His other favorite toy was crumpled up cigarette packages. He would bat those around for what seemed like hours at a time and would even play catch and bring it back to you for more until you thought he was going to pass out from exhaustion and you had to make him stop.

Jake's favorite way to drink water was from a large wide plastic drinking glass where he would stick his closed cupped gloved foot into, scoop the water out and drink from that paw as if it were a bowl. He also loved drinking from a bathtub and would come running when he heard the water filling and wait on the edge until it was high enough for him to bend down and lap the water. Forget it that you wanted to get in there to bathe because you had to wait your turn. LOL!

One more story about sweet Jake before sharing three photos. I had a papier mache comical looking replica of a tuxedo cat for many years that was about a foot and a half tall placed next to a large plant on the floor under a window. The first time Jake noticed it he suddenly stopped, took those jumping back and sideways for a few steps that cats do, hissed, slowly inched his way back towards it, sniffed and then walked away as if nothing had even happened. I just couldn't quit giggling for the longest time.

This first photo gives a bit of an indication of how big Jake's back paws were and shows him in all his leisurely glory, the second photo is a good frontal close up of his goofy off kilter color markings and just how huge his front boxing gloves were and the third photo shows his, "I am going to drink before you can bathe!"

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 20

Sadie is a 3 month old Tuxedo cat. I used to have two cats, who got out one night through a window screen while we were sleeping. I found one hiding next door, scared to death, but the other one we never found.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 15

This is Kizzy...short for Kismet. She is 9 years young. She is known an a domestic shorthaired tuxedo. A friend's daughter moved to Texas and left her mom to do everything from moving her things, the kids and all of it, including find a home for the cat.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Sam (Samara) is a 6 year old Black and White Tuxedo Cat. I adopted Sam for the Humane Society when she was 4 months old. She was found wandering a busy intersection.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

This is Kitty Boy our 8 year old black and white tuxedo cat He came to us as a stray on a cold winter day, probably dropped off. I think he was left by an angel as he is our sweet kitty companion.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

Mr. Grubs or "Grubby" is a tuxedo cat. He has no tail, and it looks like he's wearing a pair of pants. Grubby first showed up at our front door about 2 years ago. At first I wanted to feed him, because he looked hungry and was very friendly.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Kitter Peabody is a 12 year old Tuxedo cat. Someone had a litter and we picked her! As she ages she likes to hang with the family mostly, although she is still very fit, active and healthy!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

Snickers is a 4 year Tuxedo Cat. My 18 1/2 year old cat Pippi (Baby Cat) passed away on 9-30-07, and I was numb with grief and didn't want to get another pet for a while.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Mimzy Marie Blue is a 2 year old grey and white tuxedo cat. We found Mimzy in our local classifieds October 2007 and fell in love the first time we saw her. Which at that time Mimzy was only 3 1/3 weeks old.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Checkers is a three year old Tuxedo cat. She adopted us when she decided she liked our backyard better than her previous owners, our neighbors. She likes to roll in the dirt and chase birds. Checkers is the most well-behaved cat I've ever owned.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Sylvester is a 10 year old Mixed long hair tuxedo cat. I got him 10 years ago. Sylvester was a rescue. Thrown into the woods, after having is whiskers clipped off, he was left to fend for himself.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 22

In January of 2011, my boyfriend's mom received a kitten as a gift from his sister. I had recently been trying to talk my dad into letting me have a cat in the house and he finally gave in, so I asked about getting a kitten from the same place as my boyfriend's mother.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Our uncle gave them to us. We got them in January.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

I got him about 11-1/2 years ago, I saw Ping's picture on Petfinder. I drove 2-1/2 hours and arrived at the rescue shelter. After holding and playing with him for a few minutes, I felt an instant bond. I adopted him and he is a wonderful addition to our family.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Baby is a 5 year old Tuxedo Cat. I got her at the Humane Society; Christmas 2000 (I'll never forget that night - my first pet!)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Little Man is our 1 1/2 year old Tuxedo Cat. He was a stray and came to my door on a snowy, cold winter day. He jumped into my arms and I was enchanted.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

We got Oolong from my parents almost 12 years ago now. He is getting up there in age, but he still loves to dart under beds in rooms he isn't allowed to go in. Much of his time is spent sleeping on his heating pad with his buddy Zero or hovering over the floor vent to stay warm.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2
Load More