ShoppingFrugal Living

Use Beach Towels in the Bathroom

Use beach towels for your bath towels. Beach towels can be purchased cheaper than bath towels at the end of the summer season. And you'll be getting more towel for your money with beach towels because they are more colorful and longer in length than regular bath towels.

I also use big beach towels as tablecloths for the picnic table on the deck.

I use beachtowels to keep the floor dry during bathtime with the toddler (in addition to the bath rug of course). That way I don't ruin my nice beige towels.

I also use beach towels as picnic rugs. Each kid has their own towel and can sit whereever they like - no fighting over who has more space than the other on the rug. I have cut several up and use to mop up the floor in the bathroom when the kids get water everywhere. I also keep one in the car to use as a blanket if someone is cold or to mop up anything that has spilt in the car. I buy at the end of the season when the towels are on special or at some of the seconds store.

Good idea. We wound up with quite a few beach towels for our 2 children. I think we got some as gifts from relatives and then I've bought when I saw cute ones. Well the waterpark resorts we stay at and even most hotels these days provide pool towels so I found we aren't using the beach towels much these days. I hate for them to be wasted so I let them use in the bathroom to dry off. They are 12 & 10 now and not liking the character ones too much to take places but they are fine at home where only our family sees them. Also I use them in front of the tub as a bath mat. I have found beach towels to be incredibly durable and last many many years. The kids actually like using the beach towels more so than regular bath towels.