Making A License Plate Purse

Does anyone know how to make a license plate purse or tote with two plates? My husband is a volunteer fireman and they changed the design so I have 2 plates I would love to make something with! Thanks!

Jana from La Crosse, WI

I don't know how to make the purse but how about book ends?

You will need about 3 license plates to complete the project. ... oard=76;action=display;threadid=2162

You could get some plastic shoe boxes and attach them to the front and make planters!

I would punch and file holes all around the license plate. Then crochet between both sides width of your choice side and bottom and other side. Use wool color to compliment plate colors. Fashion a flap and clasp. You have a very good idea recycling old items. You can sew a liner for it too.

I have seen a real neat one and it took one plate and 2 Volkswagon hub caps from an old beetle. She had the plate rolled and put one hub on either end with a handle and a latch to open and close it and 2 hinges, she some how lined the plate with spray on glue and fabric and she lined it before putting it together. Good Luck.

I have made several, you can see them on my bog. I'd be happy to share instuctions. I only use 1 plate but you could make 2 purses.

License Plates Decorating a Wall
Crafts Using License Plates
Crafts Recycled CraftsOctober 16, 2008
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse
Wickker Paper Plate Holders
Using Paper Plate Holders