Craft: Tea Towel Apron and Hot Mitt Set

I purchased two packages of tea towels from when they had advertised $1.00 shipping. The apron wasn't that difficult to sew. I had enough fabric left over to sew a pair of hot mitts.

I did this sewing project by watching sewing tutorials on both the youtube and ehow websites. Since I own a desk top computer, I was running back and forth between my computer, ironing board and sewing machine to finish it.

I like it, it looks great!

This would be a great fundraising project. Thanks for sharing it.

I had that very idea in mind. I have 5 tea towels yet to sew into aprons + matching hot mitts. They are being donated to Vietnam Veterans of America in 2011. I also have another apron pattern that I designed myself from my old apron. Here's my post:

The V.V.A. chapter that my husband is a member of, they have an annual spaghetti dinner to raise funds for a scholarship. We have a basket auction during the dinner.

There will be two apron designs to choose from.

Woman wearing a handmade apron.
Making an Apron
Crafts SewingApril 14, 2010
Child's Apron
Making a Child's Apron
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Photo fo the finished craft apron.
Making a Craft Apron
Making a Jeans Apron