Planning Your Own Birthday Party

My birthday was yesterday and I haven't planned a party yet. I hope to have it sometime in August. What I have thought of is inviting 13 girls and 3 guys ( two of them are my friends' boyfriends that I'm friends with and the other one is a friend with most of my friends ).

I would want it in my basement except for the fact that it's small: there's only an air hockey table, TV, foosball, treadmill, and an exercise thing. There's really no room besides that. I would move all that out except for the TV and I would put a couch on the wall. There would be music playing and a table under the stairs for food. By the way, my basement is finished.

We may do truth or dare and a pinata I don't know right now. Anyways, I was wondering if my basement would be okay for dancing and if I should serve cake during the party with the usual happy birthday song or wait and have that for when the girls sleep over that night. Please help.

By Kailey from CT

Your basement sounds fine for dancing, and I certainly think you should serve cake to the guys! It is a birthday party, and what guy doesn't like cake!

How old are you anyway? Is this your first boy/girl party?

You don't say your age, but the studies have shown that games like truth or dare move into areas that can turn out to be bullying factors. Pushing kids into saying things or doing things they would not do.

Remember to have adults in your planning, and supervision. Make it a fun party, not something you wish you could change afterwards if something goes wrong.

I am new to this Thriftyfun but I hope this gets to you ok. I am 51 and had 3 sisters 2yrs apart total. When I think back on fun parties, I would say Keep the 2 game tables, stereo and maybe the TV. USE folding chairs and TV trays and still keep the food under the stairway. Girls like to play games too. Birthday cake etc. can be done, Move chairs and trays out of the way as needed. Hope this helps. Dolores

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJuly 23, 2010
teen dancing
Planning a Dance Birthday Party for Teens
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Luxury Teen Birthday Party
Planning A Luxury Teen Birthday Party
Home Decorated for Girl's Birthday Party
Decorating Your Home for a Party