Caring for Enamel Pans

I went to a yard sale and got a frying pan. It looked brand new, but it was from the 1970's. It is harvest gold outside and on the bottom, with a white interior. Also, it has a design on the gold part (A picture of mushrooms.) Does anyone know if this is an enamel pan, and if it is worth keeping? Also, how do I care for it? All replies are appreciated.

P.J. from Delaware

sounds like it came from that tv show, "That Seventies Show"! I remember that cookware, the wallpaper, kitchen accessories.

I would say as long as there are no chips inside the pan you should be okay. I have a little tip for you if the food sticks...

Boil 2 cups of white vinegar in the pan for 10 minutes and nothing will stick in it for months.

I purchased a large, deep frying pan for $25.00 at Kohls and it has a coating but every time I used it, the food would stick. Then I bought a little book on ways to use vinegar and I tried it in my pan. Nothing sticks!!!

Good luck and happy 70's memories!!

An enamel pot full of chili.
Caring for Enamel Cookware
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 31, 2006
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Nail Polish Bottle
Uses for Nail Polish
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean