Caring for Enamel Cookware

These pans are generally not very heavy and heat up fast. This guide is about caring for enamel cookware.

I went to a yard sale and got a frying pan. It looked brand new, but it was from the 1970's. It is harvest gold outside and on the bottom, with a white interior. Also, it has a design on the gold part (A picture of mushrooms.) Does anyone know if this is an enamel pan, and if it is worth keeping? Also, how do I care for it? All replies are appreciated.

Thanks,

P.J. from Delaware

Answers

Anonymous

sounds like it came from that tv show, "That Seventies Show"! I remember that cookware, the wallpaper, kitchen accessories.
I would say as long as there are no chips inside the pan you should be okay. I have a little tip for you if the food sticks...
Boil 2 cups of white vinegar in the pan for 10 minutes and nothing will stick in it for months.
I purchased a large, deep frying pan for $25.00 at Kohls and it has a coating but every time I used it, the food would stick. Then I bought a little book on ways to use vinegar and I tried it in my pan. Nothing sticks!!!
Good luck and happy 70's memories!!