Crafts Made With Hardback Books

Does anyone know how to make crafts such as a purse or storage container from old hardcover book?. I saw someone make a purse from one on a craft show once and I also saw a hollowed out book made into a storage box.

clemson1

Hi Clemson1- I'm sending you a link to HGTV's website. Caitlin Phillips made hardcover book purses on the Carol Duval show. I'm hoping someone will have info for you on using books for storage boxes, I've never seen that. Good luck!

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_accesso ... cle/0,1789,HGTV_3227_3661732,00.html

My sister-in-law made a cute shelf out of 2 old hardcover books. She just cut out part of one book so that it will slide over the other book. (one book is horizontal the other is vertical.

I recently saw an article in the local newspaper for bookends. You take 2 books, glue them together side by side. You then take an old upside-down "T" shaped bookend and glue the two previously glued books to one side of the "T", you then glue another book on the other side of the "T" and you then have a bookend that blends in with your books on a shelf!- Sorry it's not a container!

Thanks for this information about the old books made into a purse. It was just what I was looking for!

how do you make a 3d book

Crafts RugsSeptember 9, 2005
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Child Coloring in a Coloring Book
Saving Money On Coloring Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Book Lamp
Crafts Using Books
🎄