Dwarf Weeping Willow

I would like to know how dwarf weeping willow trees are made? Can I make one myself?

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Yes you can make a dwarf weeping willow tree. But you will need to keep it in a pot with good drainage. Full size trees can be made dwarf by keeping them in a pot, and during the deciduous period you may need to trim the roots. The deciduous time is when the leaves are falling off in the fall.

It is important to make sure the tree is getting a lot of moisture, so they grow best out side even in the winter. I had a branch that was in a pot last year. It survived well over the winter. This year it was what I advertised to bring people to the yard sale. I make willow trees from branches as a hobby.

However if you transplant the tree into the ground "Beware" as you will get a full size tree.

Home and Garden Gardening TreesNovember 26, 2006
Buying Weeping Willow Trees
Photo of a large weeping willow tree.
Growing a Weeping Willow Tree
Photo of a large weeping willow tree.
Starting a Weeping Willow Tree from a Cutting
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:40:20 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.