Cure for Dry Feet

I have very dry skin, especially my feet. I use very little vegetable shortening in cooking and had a can of shortening in the pantry. I remembered reading somewhere that vegetable shortening is very moisturizing, so for the past week, I have been applying the vegetable shortening to my dry feet especially the heels, then putting on a pair of socks to hold the moisture in. WOW, I am amazed at the difference in my heels and other dry places on my feet. It really does work.

As Winter approaches and my hands become dryer, I plan to do the same on my hands. I am looking for an inexpensive pair of thin gloves to put on during the bedtime hours. Of course, my husband thinks I am nuts and not very romantic. Hopefully, I won't have to do this often.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

I remember seeing fine cotton gloves in a basket at thrift stores or resale shops. You might check there. Costume stores may have something, too.

check out your local feedstore, the cotton roping gloves work great & they also great handwarmers. They are about 50 cents a glove.

Would someone please tell me if 'vegetable shortening' is the same as vegetable 'table margerine'/'soft table spread' eg what you spread on toast? Sometimes the terms used here (USA -Thrifty Fun) aren't the same as we use in Australia, so I need to check occasionally, just in case ....

I do hope this works, as I find that no matter how much money I pay for dry feet, nothing seems to work.

Thanks for the tip.

Editor's Note: Hi Wendy,

Our shortening is like the margarine without the coloring. It should actually work the same using margarine or table spread. Shortening in the U.S. is hydrogenated vegetable oil. It was developed to replace lard. They then added coloring and packaged it differently to make margarine.

my nephew has eczema. the dr told his mom to put crisco all over him. it did help but his mom is not dedicated to helping her child so he still suffers.

i'm using bag balm and then putting the socks on at night. seems to be going pretty well.....i never knew how bad my feet were until my heal cracked yesterday. It's deep and very painful and it effected me at kickboxing. Anyhow, I think even if you guys try vaseline, that would work just as well

The other day I went to the can food outlet and discovered a product called "Palmer's Crack Butter" I know, the name sounds a little...out there but it really did make a difference for me. I suffer from really dry skin and this is the only thing that actually helped. Like I said, I found it at the can food outlet but I'm sure you could find it at your local health store for cheap cheap!!!

My feet hurt sometimes. I wish there was a cure for rough heels.

Ugly Ducks a Dry Feet Treatment that Changes Lives

Cape Coral, Fl (PRWEB) Nov.5, 2008--

Even with the state of our economy people are working. Horse With White Face, Inc. launches a new product that will improve the lives of many. Registered nurse, designer and owner, Christine Antle, says years of nursing convinced her of the need for an easy, effective treatment for dry feet.

Ugly Ducks are a disposable, moisturizing slipper made of a soft comfortable foam. What makes them special is what's inside; the finest olive oil, 100% natural bees wax, vitamin A C and E, aloe and an array of essential oils. Ugly Ducks may not be pretty but they will make your feet beautiful. Just slip them on and they go to work healing dry cracked feet.

Many people have problems with dry, cracked feet. Especially affected are people with a disability who may have difficulty reaching their feet, or a disease such as diabetes. It is very important for a diabetic to maintain healthy, crack-free feet. It is for these people that Ugly Ducks were first designed.

But these special slippers aren't designed only for chronic sufferers. Whether you have sore or calloused feet or simply want softer, younger looking feet, according to Antle, Ugly Ducks will do the trick. Everyone can use them.

Not only are Ugly Ducks a simple effective solution, to dry, cracked feet - but an economical one too. Priced under ten dollars, they are available at There is also a special moisturizing cream available.

Contact Information

Horse With White Face, Inc.

Christine Antle, President

Shortening with Knife
Uses for Shortening
Health & Beauty Home RemediesNovember 13, 2006
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
dry heel on foot
Home Remedies for Dry or Cracked Feet