Uses for Shortening

I have very dry skin, especially my feet. I use very little vegetable shortening in cooking and had a can of shortening in the pantry. I remembered reading somewhere that vegetable shortening is very moisturizing, so for the past week, I have been applying the vegetable shortening to my dry feet especially the heels, then putting on a pair of socks to hold the moisture in. WOW, I am amazed at the difference in my heels and other dry places on my feet. It really does work.

As Winter approaches and my hands become dryer, I plan to do the same on my hands. I am looking for an inexpensive pair of thin gloves to put on during the bedtime hours. Of course, my husband thinks I am nuts and not very romantic. Hopefully, I won't have to do this often.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

2 More Solutions

Uses for shortening, other than cooking. Post your ideas.

I keep a plastic container with shortening in it. When I need to grease a pan, I use a small baggy. Pull baggy over your hand, dip it in the shortening, and grease your pan.

Better Living Frugal Living AdviceJanuary 14, 2015
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf372634.tip.html