GroomingDogs

Should I Trim the Hair Out of My Pomeranian's Eyes?

Should I clean the hair out of my Pomeranian's eyes?

By Pamelexia from Pittsburgh, PA

Hi, I once had a shi-tzu given to me that I adored. I felt so sorry for him not being able to see, so, I decided to cut his hair very carefully around and over his eyes and he was much more attentive and very happy. He was lots more alert when we walked and seemed to be much smarter and later learned lots of tricks....

Hi, I have a maltease that gets hair in his eyes too. I do trim it. I pull up the majority in a lil ponytail then carefully comb down the remaining hair. I do a little set of bangs above the eyes. Then I will hold the back of the head with my fingers, and use my thumb to gently hold the eye closed and trim with small scissors. Do this one eye at a time. Good luck and I hope it works for you.