Browsing: Making Paper Mache

How Do You Make Papier Mache

How do you make paper mache using glue and water?

By Kathy from Ansonia, CT

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Just google instructions for papier Mache and you will find the recipe. Flour, water & salt and cook it on the stove.

We used to make it using flour and water. Just mix until the mixture is wet enough to dip paper in.

If you want to use white glue, thin it down to a cream consistancy then dip your strips of paper. We used the flour and water also because it is so cheap and on hand. There is so much you can do with paper mache, you have me thinking what I could do once again.

October 18, 2010 Flag

Where can I find directions on how to make the paste for paper mache?

Amanda

Answers:

How Do You Make Paper Mache

Mix 2 parts white glue with 1 part water. Dip paper strips in mixture, mold to shape, and let dry. (09/16/2004)

By lorac456

How Do You Make Paper Mache

When I was in school, we used flour and water in a semi-runny state; we also used straight laundry starch which would harden and have a nice smell to it. (09/17/2004)

By Debra In CO

How Do You Make Paper Mache

I use wallpaper paste. It has a fungicide in it, so finished article won't go mouldy. (09/17/2004)

By Veronica

How Do You Make Paper Mache

The easiest and most available paper mache is flour and water, mixed to the consistency of white glue, or thick ketchup. Don't put more than 2-3 layers on at a time and then allow to dry or it will mold. (09/17/2004)

By Lindal

How Do You Make Paper Mache

Go to Wal-mart and get the blue bottle of starch. It has complete instructions on the back. (01/12/2005)

By Shala

How Do You Make Paper Mache

I haven't made anything with paper mache for years but here goes:

You will need a base or something to apply your paper mache onto. We would use blown up balloons for bases. You could also use scrap wood.

Make some paper mache glue by mixing white glue with a little water (Elmer's works for this.) Put it into a shallow dish for dipping.

Tear up some newspaper or other paper into strips. Dip the strips into the glue. You want the strip covered with the glue on both sides. Apply the strips to whatever you want to paper mache. It is somewhat moldable when wet, but when it completely dries it will be hard.

Hope this helps.

Susan from ThriftyFun

(03/28/2005)

By ThriftyFun

How Do You Make Paper Mache

Make paper mache paste (there are many different options):

OPTION 1: 3/4 white glue to 1/4 water (or if using a good, thick glue, like Elmers you can do 1/2 and 1/2)

OPTION 2: COOK METHOD: 1 part flour to 5 parts water. Boil about 3 minutes and let cool. (my favorite! it's the cheapest method and is nice and smooth.)

OPTION 3: 1 part flour to 1 part water. Stir together.

(04/22/2005)

How Do You Make Paper Mache

I just tried the method 2 cook method and burned two pans in the process. I used stainless steel pans, maybe Teflon pans would work fine? I just wanted to warn anyone trying this. The first time I did not stir constantly and the second time I did both ending with burnt pans. (10/27/2005)

By ThriftyFun

How Do You Make Paper Mache

If you use flour, add salt to prevent the growth of mold. (07/07/2008)

By nana63

Paper Mache Butterfly
Making Paper Mache
Crafts Paper Papier-MacheOctober 18, 2010
Paper Mache Hot Air Balloon
Making a Paper Mache Hot Air Balloon
Paper Mache Lanterns
Making Paper Mache Lanterns
Papier Mache Clay
Papier Mache Clay Recipe
Making Paper Mache Masks
Paper Mache Masks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 11:22:50 PM on 10.0.1.69 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.