Eyeglass Lens Have a Milky Discoloration

I have had my eye glasses for 3 years now, that I wear all day They have gotten a whitish milky look on the bottom and top sections that does not come off (on both lenses). It's like it is in the glass or something.

This has never happened with my other glasses before. Seems if I paid $400 for them that this should not happen. I take good care of them, as well.

By Kathy from Phoenix, AZ

It might be a problem with the coating applied to the lens. Go back to where you purchased the eyeglasses and inquire there, maybe they will have advice for you.

This happen to me too just less than one year and I went back to Cohen's Fashion Optical in Roosevelt Field Mall, Long island NY, which I paid $700 for my transition bifocals. They said I need to buy new ones, such a rip off.

My husband is having the same problem with his glasses that are about 1 yr old. Did you happen to get your glasses at Lens Crafters?

It could be the scratchproof coating if you have one. It might need to be removed and replaced. But after three years don't you need a new RX?

I had eyeglasses for decades and have never heard of this, but I think that the previous posters might be on to something. It must be the coating. Take them back to the place where you got them and inquire.

When my eyeglasses do this I use Isopropyl Alcohol and a t-shirt type material to clean them. Hope this will work for you, too!

Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 20, 2010
Cleaning Glasses
Saving Money on Optical Lens Cleaner
Close up of Cleaning Eyeglasses
Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner Recipes
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
Painted Eyeglass Lens Pins
Making Painted Eyeglass Lens Pins
🎉
🎄