Dishsoap Instead of Stain Remover

Small squeeze bottles of dish-washing liquid are wonderful substitutes for the high priced stain removers when prepping your shirt or blouse collars for laundering.

Wet the collar area and squeeze a small bead of the liquid along the collar line from end to end. Rub the areas of the collar line against each other. You will see the oils and "dirt" actually lift in your hands. Rinse the area and check for any spots missed. Then launder your shirt or blouse as usual. The newer dish-washing liquid with bleach can be used in the same manner on white apparel and is great. Use care not to grab the bleach containing bottle for colored clothing. Your collars will look great!

By Trisha from Ventura, CA

February 8, 2010 Flag

Instead of buying stain remover as I used to, I put straight liquid detergent in a spray bottle and pre-treat with it. It has even gotten out stains that were set in from items obtained at garage sales and such. I haven't encountered any stain I couldn't get out with it.

By angel

Answers:

Instead of Stain Remover

I use Oxyclean on stains. I wet the garment and sprinkle on enough to cover the stain. I then wet it into a paste and let it sit overnight. I found that this really works on those mystery yellow spots! It may take two treatments, but it really works well. (01/20/2005)

By Laura

Laundry supplies.
Homemade Stain Remover Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply RecipesFebruary 8, 2010
T-shirt with ketchup, chocolate, and coffee stains on it
Using Hydrogen Peroxide as a Stain Remover
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
A wood table.
Fixing a Wood Table With a Nail Polish Remover Stain
Homemade Varnish Remover, Up close photo of varnished wood.
Homemade Varnish Remover
🎄