Removing Fungus from Carpet

How do you remove fungus from carpet?

By Raycin from Winnipeg, MB

I use the Dollar Tree for a lot of my cleaning supplies! Try their brand OXY powder! I've found it works on ANYTHING! But use warm water and dont store what you've already mixed...it looses its power.

What kind of fungus?

If you mean mold, then for health purposes which can become serious, it is best to tear it and the padding up and dispose of it :-( Mold continues growing and will eventually work it's way in to the flooring and lower walls so be sure to ask a specialist what you should use to be sure the mold is also removed from the flooring and walls.

I love using white vinegar & water for most things. Usually a 50/50 mix. I would spray or pour it onto the carpet making sure you get it wet enough to reach the padding underneath! Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and will kill the mold. The smell will go away after a day or two. It is a natural nontoxic way to take care of most things. If that doesn't work for you then go the regular cleaning route. Bleach/Water (50/50) will also kill mold - I use it in my stubborn shower crevices...but if you have a colored carpet, I would not try it.

(I, too, love Dollar Tree and they have some great cleaning supplies.)

I need to stress that mold can cause 'serious' health issues! Please get professional advice if this is indeed mold and read this link which is one of many that says basically the same thing:

http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/cleaning/carpet-mold-mildew.php

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetApril 16, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
🎄