Photos Stuck Together

How do I save my photos, they are all stuck together?

By Amanda from Pittsburgh, PA

I read that if photos were stuck to glass to put them in the freezer for a little while, so would presume this might work here.

Just so others don't spend hours agonizing over whether immersing in water will work for newer, digital camera photo prints (yes, sometimes we DO still get prints made!), the answer is yes. At least with the type of digital prints you get from places such as Walgreens. I haven't tried any created on a home printer, on glossy or matte photo paper. I have no idea if that would work the same way or not.

After a couple of days of internet research, none of which was helpful in definitively concluding that the information applied to anything other than old, darkroom-type, developer-and-fixer type photos created from negatives, I tried what I considered to be less hazardous methods, like freezing (Did NOT work. I ended up with pieces of the backs of pictures stuck to the fronts of other pictures).

Then I finally decided I had nothing to lose since the photos were not useable as they were. I went ahead and put them in water (Not distilled by the way, as some sources said. Totally unnecessary). Yes, they do curl somewhat. I'm assuming that isn't an issue because remembering back to my college photography class darkroom days, curled photos do flatten.

Photos That are Stuck Together
Separating Photos That are Stuck Together
Home and Garden Repair OtherOctober 1, 2010
Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine Stuck in Reverse
green peppers growing
Growing Peppers and Tomatoes Together
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
pots and pans stuck together
Separating Dishes that are Stuck Together
🎄