Better Living

Winter Tip: Keep Clean, Dry Socks Handy

Keep a clean pair of dry socks under the seat of your car, in your bag or in a coat pocket in case you get your feet wet! You'll thank yourself for this thoughtfulness especially if you have to spend an entire day with cold wet feet and catch a cold due to it!

By Melody_yesterday from Sedalia, MO

Great idea. Especially for kids and grandkids.

vguy

I do the reverse here in the South. I keep flip flops in the car so when the kids get out of school they can get their sweaty feet out of their tennis shoes and let them breathe in their flip flops! lol

http://www.savi … ri.blogspot.com/

Good idea! Although wet feet and heads don't cause colds, they make you more susceptible if a GERM comes around, but they don't cause colds.

michawnpita : correction :: sorry !

CTV.ca | New research says chilly feet can bring on a cold. And getting your feet wet, they found, can triple the risk of developing ... "A cold nose may be one of the major factors that causes common colds to be ...

http://www.ctv. … 51114?hub=Health

&

http://wiki.ans … eet_cause_a_cold

This actually did happen to me Melanie, this last winter here in Australia. I don't have a car. I walk from my place to the rail station, catch the train, then walk from the other end to work. It literally poured on my walk to the station, and my shoes and sox got soaked. I had to sit all day at work with sodden feet. Fortunately I didn't catch cold, but will remember your tip in future!

Ellie ::

my dad was a mailman for 28 years & used to come home soaked to the gills & with a runny nose brought on by foul weather!

I'm glad I could ring this bell (so to speak) for you & others who,like myself need our thinking boosted at times !

What a great tip. I walk to work and have arrived with absolutely soaked feet due to a sudden downpour, and I don't sit, I stand for hours! I was actually able to buy a new pair of socks, but my shoes were sodden and squishy! I tried drying them under the hand dryer in the bathroom, but it still was not a pleasant 8 hrs! If you have a car, or a locker, or somewhere that you have the space, you might want to keep not only spare socks, but a change of shoes too!

Good tip. I keep a pair of runners and socks in the trunk of my car. Then if I was ever stranded someplace on the road and had on fancy heels or sandals, I had emergency footwear. I just used my emergency shoes and socks a couple of weeks ago to go for an unplanned hike through the bush with my son. I also keep gloves and a work jacket that I use when I wash the car at the coin-op, but it has come it handy for other times too.

Great tip, thank you! Friendly FYI, ya can't really catch a cold from having cold wet feet! Ya catch the virus when it is airborn. But, if ya do catch somethin, it's a real good idea to stay in and warm and dry! Hope ya stay healthy and don't get caught in any weather!