Recycle CD's As Garden Pest Control

To help keep birds and animals out of the garden, you can use the CD disks you are always getting in the mail from AOL, Earthlink, etc. You can use just one, but it is better to use two glued together with the shiny side out. After the glue has set up, drill a small hole in them and put a piece of fishing line through the hole and hang in the garden. When the sun shines on it, it acts like a prism and beautiful colors reflect from it when the wind blows it around. Even if it don't keep the birds and animals out, it is pretty to look at.

By George from Roanoke, VA

For years I've used the large outdoor type Christmas light strings. The large bulb will go through the center of the cd nicely. When the lights and cd's are strung on trees, bushes, porch support poles, etc., the least amount of wind will cause them to move and reflect the bulb light everywhere. It is really pretty. When the Christmas lights are taken down, remove the cd's and store them with your lights.

February 12, 2007 Flag

I keep all those "junk" CD's you get free in the mail to put on fence posts, on the tomato stakes, or just long sticks to let shine and spin in the garden to keep away the birds. And maybe even some animals, too.

By Sheila McDonald

Answers:

Hang CD's From Tree Branches

You know I have doing that for a long time now and my kids thought I was nuts but I also had a tree that was dying so I trimmed it so it just had some limbs on it then I hang the CD's on that too. Yes it does work wonders here.

By Joyce

Christmas Decoration

I've heard of people using the pretty side/shiny side out and putting them on Christmas trees as decoration.

By badwater

Rubber Snakes?

I also was told that a rubber snake laid where birds were a problem would keep them away. Is that true? I have a friend who lives in an A frame house with a HUGE window in the living room. They have flown on the ledge and pecked her window up badly. She doesn't want to do anything drastic but they are really scratching it badly. Anyone got suggestions?

By MamawKC

Use Snakes, Not Owls

Snakes work pretty well for keeping birds away. DO NOT USE OWL! I used one, and second day, the birds were sitting on the owl's head. Carried it back and got my money back. Good luck with your garden.

Organic Pest Control in the Garden
Organic Pest Control in the Garden
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlFebruary 12, 2007
Uses for CDs
Uses for CDs
Fly paper strips hanging by clothes pins.
Making Fly Paper
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
Toad in a garden.
Attracting Toads to Your Garden
🎉
🎄