Natural Pest Control

Making or buying natural pest control products can help reduce that amount to pesticides in our environment. This is a guide about natural pest control.

I have a recipe for pest control using essential oils. Most essential oils need to be diluted with a carrier oil, as they can be irritating if applied directly.

Get some Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus, Citronella and Lemongrass - about 1 tsp. of each blended together = 3 tsp. total. If you choose just one oil, go with the Lemon Eucalyptus and use 3 tsp. Mix this together with a carrier oil of Grapeseed oil or Sunflower oil, (most grocery stores have this) using 6 teaspoons to every 3 tsp. of essential oils. It smells fabulous and can be applied to your skin, but keep it away from your eyes. It works better than the Avon stuff and is way more natural than chemical sprays.

For my dogs, I rub it between my hands and stroke it along the top of the head down the back to the tail. Then I put a bit on the outside of each ear. They also get white scarves to wear (black labs) because light colours don't attract flies and mosquitos and it deflects the hot summer sun. I rub some of the oil onto the scarves, too. Apply every 3 or 4 days during the summer, more often if your dog is outside all the time.

Double or triple the recipe when you see that it works for the bugs in your area. Just be sure you dilute the essential oils to avoid skin irritation. You can get essential oils online - see link below - or in a health food store. Good luck!

Link: www.newdirectionsaromatics.ca

I don't really like to kill anything, but I need to get rid of ants, lizards, and cockroaches. How to do it by using kitchen items?

By Rishika from Bangalore

Answers

Best Answer

Please do not destroy the lizards. They are there because you have bugs. They are helping. For ants and cockroaches syrup of 10% 20 mule team Borax in corn syrup warmed just quirt bottle application to cracks and areas pets will not reach. Ants carry syrup back to nest and it kills the queen. Takes a few days but the queen can live 20 years and produce many more queens. If a pet gets lots of this syrup it can give a tummy ache. Hide the syrup application. When you have no more bugs, the lizards will go elsewhere for their food.

Does anyone out there know how to make a homemade pest control spray for use in the home and out? I was hoping for something more natural.

Thanks,

Alica

Answers:

Natural or Homemade Pest Control

Hi, here's a recipe I use:

10ml Eucalyptus Essential Oil
5ml Rose Essential Oil
5ml Lemongrass Essential Oil
80ml Water

Mix everything together and shake well before using. You can also replace water with 130ml Virgin Coconut Oil if you plan on applying this to your body. (12/10/2006)

By Marina