Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent Sprays
Many herbs are natural insect repellents. This is a guide about homemade herbal insect repellent sprays
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
All you need to make these two sprays are mint leaves, geranium leaves, water and spray bottles.
Both the mint and geranium sprays can be used on your skin to help protect you from insect bites.
The mint spray can double up as a lovely scented cleaning solution for your kitchen, bathroom, and counters.
Total Time: Half a day to soak the leaves
Yield: 2 spray bottles
- 2 empty fillable spray bottles
- 1 bunch of fresh mint leaves (with or without stems)
- 1 bunch of fresh geranium leaves
- 2 bowls of water
- Soak the mint and geranium leaves with water in two separate containers for at least half a day.
- Remove the leaves from the water and pour each concoction into each spray bottle. Label so you know which is which. Alternatively, you can do what I did here and put the leaves inside each bottle and just identify by looking at the leaves.
- Spray on your skin before enjoying the great outdoors. Or spray on your counters and enjoy cleaning the great indoors. ;)
September 25, 20170 found this helpful
In These Guides