Using Citronella to Repel Mosquitoes

Category Mosquitoes
Many people use citronella in some form, such as candles to repel mosquitoes. This is a page about using citronella to repel mosquitoes.

I noticed awhile back they are selling citronella bracelets. I made my own last summer with those rubber bracelets my kids wear. I melted a citronella candle and rubbed the wax all over the bracelets. It works great to keep the mosquitoes away. You can also spray the bracelets with the spray as well.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

How good is Citronella as a mosquito repellent?

By Ray E Parker

Answers

Best Answer

I understand it is good, but I have an allergic reaction to the Citronella, anything citronella. Go easy with using it for a start. We have tried the use of Original Listerine, as suggested in one of the Thrifty Fun Hints, or responses.

It does seem to keep mosquitoes off quite well. All we did was put some in a couple spray bottles, made sure we marked them with the Content., and keep them handy to spray on exposed skin whenever we go outside. Try to keep mosquitoes away from you, they carry some problems, for sure.

Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesSeptember 26, 2016
📓
🌻
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Citronella-to-Repel-Mosquitoes-1.html