Using Citronella Soap as Mosquito Repellent

Category Mosquitoes
Soaps containing citronella and herbs such as cinnamon leaf or eucalyptus oil can help to repel mosquitoes. This is a guide about using citronella soap as a mosquito repellent.

I tried the 50/50 baby oil and vinegar as a mosquito repellent and I still got bitten. I tried using citronella soap and put it all on my legs and arms and the mosquitoes did not bite me at all. Just put water on the citronella soap and spread it all over the exposed legs/arms. Do not rinse it off. I am so happy and I don't have to use the chemical spray "Off" on my body anymore. Best of luck to all who get mosquito bites.

By michellegwu from West Palm Beach, FL

Top Comment

I'm wondering if the eucalyptus oil is the active ingredient. I have crushed citronella leaves and rubbed the pure juice on my arms. It did nothing to repel mosquitoes.

By Craftbits

Materials:

• 1 cup grated soap base
  • 6 drops eucalyptus essential oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 12 drops citronella essential oil

Instructions:

This Recipe is for Melt & Pour Soap Making

Add the soap and water together and Melt down in a double boiler method.

Once your soap is melted add the essential oils and stir through.

Then Pour into your soap molds.

About The Author: Visit http://www.Craftbits.com for Free Step by Step Craft Lessons. 100's of Free Craft Projects, Free Patterns and weekly craft competitions. Participate in a worldwide craft swap or just get some free craft advice.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes