Sulfur Mosquito Repellent

I just read about sulfur and mosquito bites. I want to know how often do you do this with the honey or even match stick tops? Every day, once a week, how long before? I have a lot of mosquitoes in my yard and hate to stay in. I want to sit on the swing, enjoy working in my yard, but have tried everything. Help.

Kim

Answers

Best Answer

I purchase sulphur powder at my pharmacy. It should be behind the counter, if not, your pharmacist can order it for you. It is very inexpensive. I pour it into a tube sock, using a funnel to avoid spills. Fill the sock about 1/3-1/2 of the way up with the powder. Tie a knot on the top of the sock to close it. Hold the sock by the knot and beat it around your ankles and lower leg area. Store it in a ziplock bag. It should keep mosquitoes and chiggers away! Good luck!

Answer this Question

2 More Questions

I am still trying to find out what type of sulfur to use for mosquitos and how often to use it. The pharmacy in our area does not carry any. I would like to order online. Thank you in advance.

Answers

How are you wanting to use the sulfur? I have never heard of it repelling mosquitoes, although it is in fireworks, which do seem to repel them. It comes in a powder form. I am surprised your pharmacy doesn't carry it, we carry it where I work in with the first aid supplies. Farm stores also carry it as it is often used with some plants, such as blueberries.

Answer this Question

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe using sulfur, honey, and lemon juice. You take by the mouth to keep mosquitoes, red bugs, etc. from biting you.

Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesSeptember 27, 2016
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sulfur-Mosquito-Repellent-2.html