Sulfur Mosquito Repellent

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe using sulfur, honey, and lemon juice. You take by the mouth to keep mosquitoes, red bugs, etc. from biting you. My husband's mom used this recipe, but I can't find mine. Any help would be appreciated.

Sissy from Mangham, LA

Answers:

Sulfur Mosquito Repellent

Simply cutting off the match heads and swallowing 3-6 it prevents mosquito bites and other insects. Ive been doing this for years. My dad taught me this trick as a kid. I swear by it.

Editor's Note: I'd never heard this one before. I checked and people do take sulfur pills and use sulfur powder in their shoes to prevent mosquito bites and chigger bites. (10/02/2008)

By James

Sulfur Mosquito Repellent

This is an update on my original request. I managed to talk my mother-in-law out of the recipe. So here it is:

• 2 tsp. sulfur (found in pharmacy section at Wal-mart)
  • 1 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1 pt. honey

You mix all of the ingredients. Store in a pint jar. Take one tsp. everyday for 2 weeks. My husband really believes in this stuff. He has taken it for years and now he gives it to our kids. Keeps off red bugs, ticks, mosquitoes, etc. Hope this helps everybody. (10/22/2008)

By sissy

HI I know it has been a while since this was posted but I was wondering after taking it for every day for two weeks how often should I take it after that.

This is the recipe I grew up on. We lived in the middle of nowhere surrounded by woods and this did indeed deter those biting insects. Do this every spring for a couple aweeks. As time rolls by and you notice a bite a two repeat (as necessary).

Does this makes you smelly like sulfur?