Canker Sore Remedies

I have several little blisters on my top lip that are very tiny, as well as, what I think are ulcers or canker sores inside my cheek and bottom inside of my lip, like 4 or 5! I don't know what they are or what causes them.

I've had cold sores before and they usually disappear within a few days to a week, but this time it's been about a month on and off. I am really stressed. What do I do?

By Jose from Fresno, CA

Eating lots of oranges works for me. It really heals my canker sores like magic.

Oh gosh, ipeace, citrus fruit makes my canker sores worse!

Jose, you say you are really stressed, but unfortunately stress is known to cause canker sores or make them worse. If rinsing in warm salted water a few times a day doesn't start to take care of them within a couple of days, I think you should have your dentist or doctor take a look at them to help figure it out. Could be something as simple as a food you're eating or a toothpaste you're using that you've become sensitive to.

Best of luck!

Hi this is a tip from my Mother which always works on any mouth,throat ulcers and infections.

Take a handful of fresh or dried sage leaves, don't think it matters what color. Using boiling water make a tea infusion (steep for 5-10 mins). Once it has cooled a little take a mouthful and use it as a mouthwash/gargle. If you do this at least 4 times a day, more if you can it will help any mouth and throat problems.

It sounds like when I started with my thrush infex. Have a dr. check it out before you mess around too much. My thrush was way out of control before I realized it. Do you take any steroid inhalers? This can cause thrush if you don't rinse your mouth out after each use. Good luck.

Please, see a doctor or dentist first just to be sure it's harmless.

Marg from England.

Take L-Lysine for a week. They will disappear.

Check your toothpaste. Close-up 'gel' gives me and my daughter mouth ulcers, etc. We use 'paste' instead of 'gel'. Dissolve aspirin and put on the ulcers. It may burn but will help to clear them.

I too have a really bad sore in the inner part of my bottom lip, it's pretty big, hurts like hell no matter what I do (if I try to clean it, if I eat, or hell if I drink water!) I've had it a few days now. I thought it was just a Cold Sore, but this would be gone by now and not this bad. It's been bleeding every morning with green (so I figure infection) I've tried the stupid Salt Water trick but yeah, not working this time. And Mouth Wash doesn't seem to be healing it fast enough to keep up with it getting worse :( I can't go to a doctor or anything though, complicated >< So at that...What do I do?

Goodluck to you though, I hope yours at least heals :)

Honey mixed with ceylon cinnamon works for me. take about a 1/4 tsp a couple times a day and keep it in your mouth as long as possible. Cheap and tastes good.

Remedies for Canker Sores
Remedies for Canker Sores
Health & Beauty Home RemediesAugust 5, 2010
A doctor examining a child with a sore throat.
Sore Throat Remedies
Knitted Myrrh Bag
Knitted Myrrh Bag Patterns
A girl sticking out her tongue.
Remedies for a Sore Tongue
Man With Sore Tonsils
Home Remedies for Sore Tonsils