Crochet Pattern for Walker Bag or Pocket

I am looking for a free crochet pattern for a Walker Bag/Pocket. I found one, but its made of plastic, I want to make it with yarn, thanks.

By jean220 from NC

This is a very easy project to make. The first thing I want to caution you on is NOT to use regular yarn! It stretches all out of shape and where you made one that is maybe 20 inches from your shoulder down, it'll wind up down by your knees from stretching! Plus it's a lot hotter to carry in the summer time. Get some cotton yarn to meke this out of and you'll be a lot happier with it. If you'll contact me I'll be happy to send the pattern I made up for mine. The pattern is adjustable to whatever size you want it to be.

Jean, here's the pattern I promised! Hope it works for you.

Carry-All

Materials:

Cotton yarn (Lily's Sugar & Cream is what I used)

Size F crochet hook

Instructions:

Bag sides (make 2:

Row 1: Ch 46. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch 1, turn. (45 sc) (You can adjust the width by increasing or decreasing the number of stitches across.

Row 2: Sc in back loop only of each sc across. Ch 1, turn.

Rep Row 2 till the length you want the bag to be. Fasten off after last row.

Whip stitch the 2 sides together on 3 sides, leaving the top open.

Strap:

Row 1: Ch 11 (or as many as you want the width of the strap to be, plus 1).

Row 2: Sc in back loops only of each sc across. Ch 1, turn.

Rep Row 2 till the length you want the strap to be. Fasten off after last row.

Sl st strap to each side of the bag. I sl st-d across 2 times on each side to make sure it was extra secure.

If you want the top to close, you can do one of two things:

*Using sewing thread, slip stitch a heavy duty zipper in place.

*Using sewing thread, slip stitch a strip of Velcro on either side.

Or you can come up with your own method of closing it. Here is one method I've used:

When making the sides, I made one side longer than the other. That way I could fold it over as a flap. Then you could either leave it like this, or you could sew on a button on the short side, then create a button hole on the long side using ch st.

To make it so it doesn't swing so much on a walker you could simply tie the bottom 2 corners to the legs using whatever you wanted to use--matching yarn, shoe laces, string, etc.

Thanks so much for posting that pattern. It's much appreciated.

Jovin

Here is a free pattern for my walker/wheelchair bag I crocheted. I also have an option for using recycled plastic bags to make one but this one is crocheted with regular yarn. http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/ ... atriotic-walker-wheelchair-tote-bag/

Crochet Bag
Making a Crochet Bag
Crafts CrochetJuly 17, 2009
Walker Grips
Adding Padding to Walker Grips
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Pocket Calendar
Uses for Pocket Calendars
🎉
🎄