Make Children's Chore Cards

We made chore cards. I listed the chore, and they decorated the front. On the back we described the chore (so doing the dishes didn't mean wash the cups and you're done). We included feeding and watering animals, making dessert, vacuum, taking out garbage, etc. We also had a free card. We then laminated them.

This way the kids understood what each chore was, and there were some fun stuff too. We made enough cards so each child had three chores. When the chore was done, they returned it to a container and then we knew the chore was done. You can then reward them for doing chores and not having to remind them. It was fun everyday to gather around and pass them out like a deck of cards.

By Honna from New London, WI

This is a unique way to make chores less like work and more like fun!

This is a good idea. My 9 year old Grandson is coming for a 2 week visit. I plan on several fun activities while he's here but I think he needs to help a little with chores. He always asks for toys and I think he should help Grandma in return.

Great tip! I love that you leave a space to describe the chore, so there is no "confusion" about what it takes for the chore to be completed.

Making a Chore Chart for Children
Making a Chore Chart for Children
Parenting General ParentingJune 8, 2009
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
A girl opening a dishwasher at home.
Clip Art for Chore and Duty Charts
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 11, 2017 at 5:24:19 AM on 10.0.1.121 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.