Soap Balls

Don't throw away small pieces of soap. Gather together like colors of soap (or you'll end up with an ugly colored ball.) Place scraps in a bowl, and if they are very small - great, no further work needed. If not, break them up with a knife, sprinkle pieces with warm water; let sit 15 minutes to soften.

Gather up a handful and squeeze into a ball shape. It will take from two days to two weeks to completely cure in a warm, dry area. Reshape every two days to maintain a round shape. Don't worry about irregularities; they will lend interest to your soap.

By MCW from Sanborn, NY

I do something similar. When a soap piece in the shower gets small, I take a new bar of soap into the shower with me. When I get through showering with the new soap and am ready to leave the shower, I put the smaller piece of soap up against the newer soap and push them together, including the edges. By the next shower, they are already adhered to each other.

I put mine into a bag--I have two bags-one is a drawstring one I made out of a washcloth. The other is an onion bag with soap bits on it and I just knot the end shut and add more bits of soap as needed. We just wash with the bag. No waste.

MCW,I take panty hose,cut off the toes,make a knot at the ends(individually.drop in a ball,make another knot etc.each time you need 1 snip it off..nice smell.I fasten it to those coat hangers w/clips on them.