Remember Shopping Items Without a List

If I'm running into a store for just a few things I will think of the words for each item I need, then with the starting letter from each word make a new word. For example if I need rice, bread, ice cream, and donuts. I will use the word "bird". Then I'll repeat I need bird, bird, bird, B is for bread, I is for icecream R is for rice etc. Strange, but it works, especially if there isn't a note pad or pen around.

By Melanie

I love this- I think it just might work for my slug brain. Thanks!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who does this, but it does work, crazy as it sounds.

If I run to Wal-Mart for a few things I repeat them over and over out loud in a sing-song (or rap kinda) way a few times. If I need milk, pop, dogfood, and shampoo I sing that over and over and touch my fingers to the steering wheel. Then when I get there I know I need 4 things and can usually remember them.

If there is no way to make a word, make a sentence!

A women covered in post-it notes.
Remembering Without a List
Organizing Memory TricksDecember 4, 2004
A woman filling out Christmas cards.
Organizing Your Christmas Card List
Shovel and metal rake.
October's Garden To-Do List
Grocery List
Creating A Grocery List
Creating a Christmas List
Creating a Christmas List