Ecological

Link: Stop Phone Book Delivery

YellowPagesGoesGreen.org is the Movement Against Unsolicited Phone Book Delivery. If you need a book, simply call and order one. I have signed up to remove my home or office from receiving the telephone directories.

What a great tip, especially now that I see scads of phone books sitting under mailboxes all over the place. Most have been there for weeks already, all wet from the rain.

By GreenGirls from Summerfield, FL

Editor's Note: Be sure to follow the links. If you don't have the name exact, it will take you to a phony site. You should see a photo of a mountain at the top of the correct page, not a bunch of links to unrelated subjects.

Brilliant idea! Trouble is, here in England you can cancel but they still deliver!

Marg.

Thank you for the awesome tip. I almost always get 2 phone books and I don't ask for them. They mysteriously appear on my front porch when I'm not looking. They are large and cumbersome and difficult to store.

Anonymous

It's a very, very good idea but people who currently don't pick up their delivered tele books and leave them as litter aren't going to call to request no delivery :-( so what we can do and should do instead of requesting no delivery for only ourselves is collectively suggest to the company(s) that they truly do go green and simply stop 'general delivery' 'unless specifically requested' ...

I'm going to try that here. I have called many times trying to get them to quit delivering them. But instead of quitting, they deliver more! Every year now I get 4 of the large phone books and 3 of the small ones (the small ones are identical to the big ones only smaller print------big waste of money)

If the phone companies would quit wasting money printing and delivering so many unwanted phone books, and only print what is ordered, or only print about 1/4 of what they print now and only deliver to new customers and current customers who order them, they could probably cut our bills by at least 1/3!

Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for sharing this link. I signed up and signed up various family members also, upon their request. I never know what to do with all of these books. Plus if I ever needed a new one you only have to ask. I live a few blocks from phone company and they will put you however many you want into a mail box outside their office for you to pick up.