Laundry Soap Savings

I've found one of the best way to save money on laundry and still have clean clothes is to buy the buckets of soap from Sears. I buy the buckets that say they have something like 280+ loads. But what I've found is I only need to use half the amount of the scoop. So I'm really getting over 550 loads worth of soap for $20.00

And I sometimes find a coupon for $10 off the soap in the Sears insert of the weekend paper.

By Veronica1 from Lodi, CA

This is a good idea, not only if it does the job and is cheap but I am not fond of running out of detergent so to have a big amt on hand is nice. I have never bought at Sears but do get a big bucket at Sam's Club. I forgot but think it's about 40-50 lbs. It's powder, of course and does a good job. Also the empty buckets are nice to use around the house and in the yard.

Thanks for the reminder about Sears laundry detergent. I used to buy it when I was first married, but then forgot about it. I'm glad you found out about using only half as much detergent. I do that with any good brand. Our clothing doesnt get really dirty, and I find manufacturers try to get you to use more than what you need for the job... Also, its easier to rinse out.