Uses for Shower Curtain Rings

Don't throw away your old or extra shower curtain rings. This is a guide about uses for shower curtain rings.

August 13, 2014 Flag

This blanket was the perfect size, color, and price to cover my closet. But my sewing machine is in storage so...

I got 10 binder clips and a package of shower curtain rings from the dollar store, and made them work. Now that I have done this, I can advise you to use something just a bit thinner for the rings. I couldn't get them through, but one of the loops to click them. So anything would work; bigger key rings, etc.

Looks nice, huh? Total cost: $2.95.

N-JOY!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Ingenious... going to try this for my bedroom windows to block out light.

September 24, 2015 Flag

Each time you buy a new shower curtain it comes with a new set of curtain rings which are not always needed. You can use these in your wardrobe to save space by hooking them onto a clothes hanger.

You can then hang vests, ties belts and scarves from the rings

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Just thought I might add that if the rings slide about you can use a velveteen or fabric covered hanger to prevent this happening

December 6, 2016 Flag

masking tape covering rough spots

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I used a terrific tip on this site about making a scarf holder with a hanger and shower curtain rings. However, I noticed that two scarves snagged on the rings. Upon closer examination of the rings I bought, I saw some rough edges. I covered them with masking tape and now the scarves don't snag anymore.

August 6, 2008 Flag

Reuse Shower Curtain Rings For Keys or Clothes

If you have left over shower curtain rings, don't toss them. I put two on the hanger that my jackets are on, then hang the matching slacks or skirt, and top, on the rings. It saves time and room in the closet.

February 12, 2008 Flag

It pays to keep things. If you save your old metal shower curtain rings, you can use one as a lock for your yard gate. It keeps the gate closed and the kids and pets tucked safely inside.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 13, 2006 Flag

I received new shower curtain hooks and am wondering what I could do with my old plastic clips.

Heidi from Manitowoc, WI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You can use shower curtain rods to hold business cards, any small card that you need to have clipped together for business reasons or personal reasons. Punch holes in the corner of the cards and then cook them all into the shower curtain rod and then click the rod to hold the cards and then you could tie a ribbon on it hanging on the back of the chair on the back of your office chair and they are on your desk and they would always be handy

I use mine to organize my daughters hair elastics by colour. Then put them into a decorative box on her dresser so when we are getting ready for school, I can just grab the colour I want, take a couple off of the ring and I am ready to go.

I find them so useful no matter what shape they are. I use them in the car for hanging anything I need in a hurry, my purse, garbage bags, kids toys, keys, scarfs, gloves, dog leashes etc. You can usually find a place to hang the hanger on. I can go on and on. Oh I also use them to hang on my purse for easy grab things and on my green grocery bag handles for extra small bags or car keys, etc.

I have several sets of these rings that I find at thrift stores for little to nothing.

I loop them together to form a chain and hang them from my closet shelves and hang my scarves through them. Another "chain" holds my belts, another holds lightweight purses, and yet another holds all my scrunchies.

I also have a couple stored in each suitcase. I hang them on the towel bar inside the shower to drip dry bathing suits. I clip a couple on the outside of my rolling suitcase to hold small bags.

I use the metal (pear shaped) ones to clip onto my camping coffee mug, and anything else I'd rather not lose... these make the new caribiners (sp?) that you can buy redundant. They do get kind of gunky, but usually clean off with a little soap and water and an old rag or washcloth.

Wow, these are great ideas!

December 13, 2006 Flag

What can shower curtain rings be used for (other than hanging a shower curtain). Post your ideas below.

Answers:

Uses for Shower Curtain Rings

Ever notice how the hang tabs on your hair dryer are too small most of the time to hang it up on larger bathroom hooks? Well, the best thing that I have found to use is a shower curtain ring. It opens and closes easily, and very cheap to replace. Anytime you change the decor in your bathroom, just save a couple of the extra curtain rings for uses such as this. (07/21/2004)

By Deborah

Uses for Shower Curtain Rings

Clip one or two on your hand towel rack and clip necklaces and bracelets onto it.

Use it to hold you or your little girls' hair bands, scrunchies, etc. Keep it all in one place.

Keep one by your kitchen sink, bathroom sink or shower to put your rings or jewelry on while you do dishes or bathe. There is less likely of a chance of them to fall down the drain or get lost.

Have a key rack with small hooks and not enough space for all your keys? Hang them in sets using the shower curtain hook.

Use in others areas to hang regular curtains or to keep in your camp gear to hang something from to dry or to make a curtain to change clothes behind.

Use them to hang a wall quilt on a rod. (07/21/2004)

By Tawnda

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 22, 2012
Shower Curtain Rod
Uses for Shower Curtain Rods
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 3:22:27 AM on 10.0.0.69 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.