Uses for Shower Curtain Rings

Category Reusing
Don't throw away your old or extra shower curtain rings. This is a guide about uses for shower curtain rings.

Blanket Curtain in a doorway hung with binder clips and shower curtain rings Without Sewing

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

When you get creative, a useful curtain can be added for very little effort or cost. This is a guide about shower curtain ring and binder clip curtains.

If you have left over shower curtain rings, don't toss them. I put two on the hanger that my jackets are on, then hang the matching slacks or skirt, and top, on the rings. It saves time and room in the closet.

I keep one in my purse, and if I have to carry too many bags from the store to the house (am currently without a car), these help my fingers from getting tired and sore.
And lastly, they make a great key ring if you have lots of keys you need to keep straight. Enjoy!!

By Sandra from Salem OR

I use them on hangers and put them in the closet and run my scarves through them. When I need a neck scarf to wear with an outfit I can easily go to the closet and pull out the one I want.

It pays to keep things. If you save your old metal shower curtain rings, you can use one as a lock for your yard gate. It keeps the gate closed and the kids and pets tucked safely inside.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

I also use them in the kitchen, garden, preschool and in my RV kitchen.

#1 put pot holder loops through them to hang potholders and free up drawer space

#2 on my pot and pan racks to hold pans or utensils (instead of S hooks)

#3 put a botton hole on your dishtowel and them use the shower ring to hang (in my RV)

#4 while camping, run swimsuit straps through the open circle, then close it. Use to hang the suits till dry.

#5 loop around a plant and the stake, to stake a plant in a pot or garden

#6 in my preschool (years ago) we had a copper pipe that ran across the art room wall. We put shower curtain hooks on it, then from them hung artwork with plastic clothes hangers that had clips. This allowed the artwork to face out while drying, so it could be seen.

I received new shower curtain hooks and am wondering what I could do with my old plastic clips.

Heidi from Manitowoc, WI

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

You can use shower curtain rods to hold business cards, any small card that you need to have clipped together for business reasons or personal reasons. Punch holes in the corner of the cards and then cook them all into the shower curtain rod and then click the rod to hold the cards and then you could tie a ribbon on it hanging on the back of the chair on the back of your office chair and they are on your desk and they would always be handy

Are your old ones round or the pear shaped? If they are round, you could make them into napkin rings, either for yourself or a gift.

WOW! What great ideas. Thank you.

I use mine to organize my daughters hair elastics by colour. Then put them into a decorative box on her dresser so when we are getting ready for school, I can just grab the colour I want, take a couple off of the ring and I am ready to go.

I find them so useful no matter what shape they are. I use them in the car for hanging anything I need in a hurry, my purse, garbage bags, kids toys, keys, scarfs, gloves, dog leashes etc. You can usually find a place to hang the hanger on. I can go on and on. Oh I also use them to hang on my purse for easy grab things and on my green grocery bag handles for extra small bags or car keys, etc.

I have several sets of these rings that I find at thrift stores for little to nothing.

I loop them together to form a chain and hang them from my closet shelves and hang my scarves through them. Another "chain" holds my belts, another holds lightweight purses, and yet another holds all my scrunchies.

I also have a couple stored in each suitcase. I hang them on the towel bar inside the shower to drip dry bathing suits. I clip a couple on the outside of my rolling suitcase to hold small bags.

I use the metal (pear shaped) ones to clip onto my camping coffee mug, and anything else I'd rather not lose... these make the new caribiners (sp?) that you can buy redundant. They do get kind of gunky, but usually clean off with a little soap and water and an old rag or washcloth.

Wow, these are great ideas!

What can shower curtain rings be used for (other than hanging a shower curtain). Post your ideas below.

Answers:

Uses for Shower Curtain Rings

Ever notice how the hang tabs on your hair dryer are too small most of the time to hang it up on larger bathroom hooks? Well, the best thing that I have found to use is a shower curtain ring. It opens and closes easily, and very cheap to replace. Anytime you change the decor in your bathroom, just save a couple of the extra curtain rings for uses such as this. (07/21/2004)

By Deborah

Uses for Shower Curtain Rings

Clip one or two on your hand towel rack and clip necklaces and bracelets onto it.

Use it to hold you or your little girls' hair bands, scrunchies, etc. Keep it all in one place.

Keep one by your kitchen sink, bathroom sink or shower to put your rings or jewelry on while you do dishes or bathe. There is less likely of a chance of them to fall down the drain or get lost.

Have a key rack with small hooks and not enough space for all your keys? Hang them in sets using the shower curtain hook.

Use in others areas to hang regular curtains or to keep in your camp gear to hang something from to dry or to make a curtain to change clothes behind.

Use them to hang a wall quilt on a rod. (07/21/2004)

By Tawnda