Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug

Our Lab had diarrhea on our white carpet. After cleaning the initial clean up of the poop, we noticed the carpet was green! I've tried our Bissel Green Machine cleaner and also Oxi Clean. Nothing is working. Help!

By Kaci

I never used this on poop but it works for set in mud stains: Mix equal parts of salt and baking soda, then put enough vinegar in to make a paste. Cover the stain with this paste, even scrub in gently to coat fibers, let dry. Vacuum. It took me four applications to get the plant mud mess out when we moved here and it really looks like new.

Not quite sure where I read this (may have been here!), but it has worked for me! Squirt regular (white) foam shaving cream on the area. Rub in with something such as a toothbrush. Let it sit awhile and then wipe it up with a damp rag. I was amazed at just how well this worked!

I used this on my white brocade couch and I got it from here.

1 cup hydrogen peroxide

2 teaspoons of soda

2-3 drops of dishwashing soap

Mix all together and just blot it on the spot, no rubbing and it will come out, at least it did on mine. I think it is called the pee recipe. Check it out.

Anne ^ your trick worked! I am totally amazed! Thank you :)

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetNovember 16, 2010
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
Dog Poop Bag Dispenser
Making a Dog Poop Bag Dispenser
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🎄