Knoxville Restaurant Chicken Recipe

Twenty five years ago, a man I worked with shared some chicken with me his wife had cooked. When I asked for the recipe he told me it was a family recipe that was sold to a restaurant in Knoxville with the condition that they would never share it with anyone outside the family, so she wouldn't give it to me for anything.

Twenty five years later and my mouth still waters for it while I search and try every chicken recipe that I find. Yeah, it was that good!

Jane from Lima, OH

H-mmmmm, I don't remember anything like that when I lived in Knoxville in 1958, but in TX we have

Barbequed Chicken:

washed/skinned/dried chicken pieces quickly into

Woody's Barbeque Sauce/1tblsp vinegar, in med. bowl, let sit 15 min. Drain.

in Peanut Oil greased baking dish and bake covered in center of hot 350 degree oven for approx. 55 min. checking for tenderness at 45 min., turning once.

juice and any grease/water.

Serve on hot Cooked Dark Red Kidney Beans, with

Creamed Potatoes, hot butterred Yeast Rolls or Onion Popovers and Green Salad to finish the Southern meal.

If you have room, enjoy a dish of hot Peach Cobbler with Coconut Sorbet on top. Remember Him who

created it all. God bless you. : )

Can you give a description of the dish? Did it have a sauce - barbeque, cream, tomato? Was it grilled or baked? In whole pieces or cut up? Might help if you can give us a little more direction. Hope you find it!

I couldn't tell if it was baked of fried, but there was no sauce-bbq or otherwise. This looks tasty, but it's not the one I can't get out of my mind. Thanks!

Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryJanuary 23, 2007
Japanese Restaurant Style Shrimp with  Sauce
Japanese Restaurant Style Shrimp Sauce Recipe
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Chicken Nugget Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume