Browsing: Baby Shower Ideas

Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

What is a baby shower wishing well and how is it used?

By Linda from DE

Answers

September 10, 2010 Flag

I am looking for frugal ideas on how to make a wishing well for my daughter's baby shower. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Betty

Answers:

Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

I had bought a couple of those rolling Rubbermaid laundry baskets before I got married. My mom used them for "wishing wells" and made the theme cleaning products! (11/07/2004)

By Lauren

Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

My friend gave me a wishing well for my third baby. She put some material inside a round laundry basket with gathers at the top and then a complimentary piece of fabric around the outside (just hanging from the top, not connected to the basket). It sounds complicated, but she didn't even sew it, just used a hot glue gun. It looks great! I have it sitting in my living room still. She had everybody that came to a shower bring an item (many picked up at $1 stores) and fill it with all sorts of baby necessities. It was a life saver! (11/07/2004)

By Beth Ann

Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

We're looking for a white wicker bassinet or cradle for a wishing well. My niece is having a girl so we thought the baby could use it later for her dolls. (07/11/2006)

By Joann

Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

For my sister-in-law's shower we are having a baby book wishing well. You can use a toy box, book shelf, or wagon. (09/25/2007)

By D

Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

Why not register at ( http://www.OurWishingWell.com ) I thought that it was great, highly recommended. (09/26/2007)

By Greg

Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

We are doing a wishing cradle. We're covering the top with a piece of cardboard cutting a small slit in the board and covering this with a receiving blanket and a small hole also in the blanket for envelopes to slip through. Then just decorating it. (01/04/2008)

By Emily

Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

I went to Pottery Barn and bought a regular round basket. Then I went to Joann Fabrics and bought some thin pieces of wood for the rods and roof. I also bought a hot glue gun, finish nails, wood staining paint and fake ivy. I put it all together and it looks great! (02/08/2008)

By Christine

Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

At my shower I used a toybox for the wishing well. (02/22/2008)

By Maddie

Wishing well ideas for baby shower

I found a cute white wicker hamper on Target and/or Wallmart's website ($30.00). If you somehow were creative enough you can take the lid that it comes with and place it above (using wrapping paper rolls or something?) and hang a little pail under the lid. (06/02/2008)

By Tonya

Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Baby ShowerSeptember 10, 2010
Baby Shower Cookies
Baby Shower Favor Ideas
Making Doo Doo Drop Diapers
Making Doo Doo Drop Diapers
Flower Themed Baby Shower
Flower Themed Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 7:49:49 AM on 10.0.2.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.