Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

By Linda 1

What is a baby shower wishing well and how is it used?

By Linda from DE

Comment

Archive: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

I am looking for frugal ideas on how to make a wishing well for my daughter's baby shower. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Betty

Feedback:

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

I had bought a couple of those rolling Rubbermaid laundry baskets before I got married. My mom used them for "wishing wells" and made the theme cleaning products! (11/07/2004)

By Lauren

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

My friend gave me a wishing well for my third baby. She put some material inside a round laundry basket with gathers at the top and then a complimentary piece of fabric around the outside (just hanging from the top, not connected to the basket). It sounds complicated, but she didn't even sew it, just used a hot glue gun. It looks great! I have it sitting in my living room still. She had everybody that came to a shower bring an item (many picked up at $1 stores) and fill it with all sorts of baby necessities. It was a life saver! (11/07/2004)

By Beth Ann

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

We're looking for a white wicker bassinet or cradle for a wishing well. My niece is having a girl so we thought the baby could use it later for her dolls. (07/11/2006)

By Joann

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

For my sister-in-law's shower we are having a baby book wishing well. You can use a toy box, book shelf, or wagon. (09/25/2007)

By D

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

Why not register at ( http://www.OurWishingWell.com ) I thought that it was great, highly recommended. (09/26/2007)

By Greg

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

We are doing a wishing cradle. We're covering the top with a piece of cardboard cutting a small slit in the board and covering this with a receiving blanket and a small hole also in the blanket for envelopes to slip through. Then just decorating it. (01/04/2008)

By Emily

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

I went to Pottery Barn and bought a regular round basket. Then I went to Joann Fabrics and bought some thin pieces of wood for the rods and roof. I also bought a hot glue gun, finish nails, wood staining paint and fake ivy. I put it all together and it looks great! (02/08/2008)

By Christine

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

At my shower I used a toybox for the wishing well. (02/22/2008)

By Maddie

Wishing well ideas for baby shower

I found a cute white wicker hamper on Target and/or Wallmart's website ($30.00). If you somehow were creative enough you can take the lid that it comes with and place it above (using wrapping paper rolls or something?) and hang a little pail under the lid. (06/02/2008)

By Tonya

Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Next
Holidays and Parties Parties Baby ShowerSeptember 10, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Baby Shower Cookies
Baby Shower Favor Ideas
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:28:38 PM on 10.0.1.32 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings