Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

What is a baby shower wishing well and how is it used?

By Linda from DE

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

I am looking for frugal ideas on how to make a wishing well for my daughter's baby shower. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Betty

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

I had bought a couple of those rolling Rubbermaid laundry baskets before I got married. My mom used them for "wishing wells" and made the theme cleaning products! (11/07/2004)

By Lauren

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

My friend gave me a wishing well for my third baby. She put some material inside a round laundry basket with gathers at the top and then a complimentary piece of fabric around the outside (just hanging from the top, not connected to the basket). It sounds complicated, but she didn't even sew it, just used a hot glue gun. It looks great! I have it sitting in my living room still. She had everybody that came to a shower bring an item (many picked up at $1 stores) and fill it with all sorts of baby necessities. It was a life saver! (11/07/2004)

By Beth Ann

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

We're looking for a white wicker bassinet or cradle for a wishing well. My niece is having a girl so we thought the baby could use it later for her dolls. (07/11/2006)

By Joann

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

For my sister-in-law's shower we are having a baby book wishing well. You can use a toy box, book shelf, or wagon. (09/25/2007)

By D

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

Why not register at ( http://www.OurWishingWell.com ) I thought that it was great, highly recommended. (09/26/2007)

By Greg

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

We are doing a wishing cradle. We're covering the top with a piece of cardboard cutting a small slit in the board and covering this with a receiving blanket and a small hole also in the blanket for envelopes to slip through. Then just decorating it. (01/04/2008)

By Emily

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

I went to Pottery Barn and bought a regular round basket. Then I went to Joann Fabrics and bought some thin pieces of wood for the rods and roof. I also bought a hot glue gun, finish nails, wood staining paint and fake ivy. I put it all together and it looks great! (02/08/2008)

By Christine

RE: Wishing Well Ideas for Baby Shower

At my shower I used a toybox for the wishing well. (02/22/2008)

By Maddie

Wishing well ideas for baby shower

I found a cute white wicker hamper on Target and/or Wallmart's website ($30.00). If you somehow were creative enough you can take the lid that it comes with and place it above (using wrapping paper rolls or something?) and hang a little pail under the lid. (06/02/2008)

By Tonya