Uses for Egg Cartons

Does anyone have any suggestions on using empty Styrofoam egg cartons?

Thanks.

By Carla from Huntington, WV

I saw a craft article a while back that made crowns out of egg cartons - cut & spray in a metallic color (or not).

I am using my empty egg cartons (bottoms only) to put broken egg shells (two pc. egg shells) in and the carton top will be cut away and used as a tray for the bottom carton to sit in. I'll add potting soil to each double thick egg shell to make little seed planters early next year for spring planting. The egg shells can be broken and left in the soil as each one is planted in the earth. Sellers of fresh farm eggs always need empty egg cartons.

Thanks guys. Great advice. I never thought of offering my empty cartons to the egg vendor. I also really like the idea of using the little compartments for starting seeds. carla

I use them to hold jewelry in my dresser drawers; primarily earrings, pins, and rings.

Call your local elementary or high school. I was an art teacher, and I used to love it when people would drop off things like this. They are great for using in papier mache sculptures and other projects.

A friend of mine works witha food bank. They get eggs donated in large boxes. We save our cartons and give them to her so they can more easily give them out.

At Easter you can cut out the cups (different colors are great), and put a pipe cleaner in and create some unique looking

flowers-great things for kids to do!

When I was a kid my mother had planted a green bush on either side of the driveway down by the street. They were the type that stay green all year. Along about early March or so every year she'd take some different colored egg cartons and cut off the cups making zigzag shapes around the edges.

It never failed, we would have dozens of strangers stop by and many people would even come to the door to ask what type of bushes those were to produce such strange and pretty flowers! She'd just smile and say they were her own creation.

http://www.blur … com/q255355.html

I remember making small trash cans out of used egg cartons.