Emergency Gasket from an Egg Carton

Got a leak? Make a gasket out of a Styrofoam egg crate. I can't tell you how many times something is leaking and it's after 5 o'clock or it's just too inconvenient to run to the store, not to mention the expense. So here is my thrifty tip on how to make a gasket in less than five minutes.

• styrofoam egg carton
  • X-acto knife or scissors

1. Cut the sides of the egg crate with either kitchen scissors or a razor blade into strips for easy keeping.
  2. Trace the gaskets that are leaking with a pen.
  3. Use either an X-Acto knife or small pair of scissors to cut the gasket in the shape you have traced.
  4. Advertisement

5. Use the gasket you have just made. Sometimes a single gasket isn't thick enough so you have to cut two.
  6. Store the rest of the Styrofoam strips in your toolbox for further use

Home and Garden Repair HomeAugust 17, 2020
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Emergency-Gasket-from-an-Egg-Carton-1.html