Not Getting Power But Circuit Breaker Was Not Tripped

Our electricity has been going on and off all the time for the past 45 hours non stop without tripping the main switch at the DB board. What is going on?

Answers

Best Answer

You have a loose connection somewhere in the line. Unless you are familiar with electricity, I would call in a professional.

Best Answer

Is it just your house? We had intermittent blips last week during a terrible wind storm, but it was everyone.

If it is just you, check with your electric company to see if they see anything in the line to your home. If it is not them, have an electrician come in. Safety first with electric issues!

Post back with an update! Prayers for an easy solution!

Best Answer

If you live in a windy area this could be an issue with the power line from the road hooking up to your junction box. We do not have underground cables here and at times we get a lot of wind. This will move the cables around all the time and now and then they will get loose and move in our junction box. I would call someone to come out and test your junction box. Playing around with cables is not a good idea.

Answer this Question

17 More Questions

The Christmas lights on my house are not working, but have for past 3 weeks. I took an extension cord and moved it to the front porch and plugged it in. When I did that the refrigerator and freezer in garage quit working. I hit all the breakers, but there was no change. I pressed the trippers inside and outside of the house and still nothing. Any ideas how to fix this?

By Terry

Answers

Best Answer

James, you said your breaker is not tripping, but if your resetting your main breaker to get things working again, that means it is tripping. This is one problem you should call a professional for, because it could be one or more many different things.
1. Bad main or sub main depending on panel style.
2. overloaded main or sub main breaker.
3. bad terminations in panel.
4. main bus failing in breaker panel.
etc.

Answer this Question

The electricity went out in my bedroom, but the breaker isn't tripped. I turned the breaker off and then reset it, but there is still no electricity. Then the electricity came on by itself. Now it happened again. The electricity went off again and I can't get it back on. Do I need a new breaker?

Answers

Best Answer

It sounds like there is a short in the wiring of your home or at your breaker box. You need to test the electric lines with a voltmeter to determine where the short is. If this is an issue do not do it and call in a person who can do this for you and repair your problem.

Best Answer

Could actually be from the city itself (patchy brown outs). That was our case with your same situation last week.

Answer this Question

The power in my bedroom went out (probably from leaving the space heater on a little too long), but the breaker never turned off and I can't get the power back on. What is the problem or what should I do?

Thanks.

Cam

Answers

Best Answer

More than likely you have a short in the wall outlet that has caused this problem. This can happen and the breaker will not trip. I think there is some faulty wiring in the sockets in the room. If you can not troubleshoot this on your own using a voltmeter and replace the bad plug then it is time to get an electrician in the house to do it for you.

Best Answer

breakers click to the middle when blowen. you must turn it to the off position b4 turning to the on position.

Answer this Question

I am losing 1 circuit in my family room and no breakers have tripped. When I start pushing them back into the box more the power returns.

I am trying to see if this would be a breaker or panel issue.

Answers

Best Answer

In cases like this you could have a loose wire in one of the wall sockets, a short in the wire, or even a wire that is cracked or broken. For one reason or another the main circuit to this area in your home has some sort of a short that needs to be repaired. It can be very dangerous and cause a fire in your home. If you are not able to trace the wiring in your home you'll need to hire a professional that can do this. I would get this checked out soon and also have them look at your circuit box and check the circuits in the box. I have had some circuits short out because the wires are not screwed in all the way. I know the problems here for me because of where I live and how they wire homes here. Now and then because of the wind in our area we need to go out and make sure the screws in our circuit box are tight. I would suggest that you get a person out there soon to take a look at this for you.

Answer this Question

I was in the shower, and everything in the flat switched off including the shower. I checked the fuse and no trips, I reset the fuse box, with no joy.

Is it worth checking my appliances? The landlord has said it's probably a meter issue and to call SSE, but I can read the meter?

Answers

Best Answer

If the meter is working and you can see the dial turn then it is not the meter that is your issue. it is the main breaker switch that you are showing on the bottom photo. I am not sure if this switch belongs to SSE or not. You need to find out first. if this is not part of the meter from SSE and this is part of the breakers from your home then your landloard needs to get a person out to repair or replace this box.

Answer this Question

All house breakers are good, but there is still no electricity in the kitchen?

Answers

Best Answer

Normally the breaker for the house is split off into sections to protect your home. The beaker in the kitchen is normally one breaker. It sounds like the breaker is burned and needs to be replaced. If you have an issue with this and can not do it on your own, you should call a company who can do this for you. You can always check the breaker using a volt meter to make sure it is getting juice to the beaker. If you are not seeing juice flowing through the breaker that means it is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Answer this Question

My whole house keeps losing power. This started about a week and a half ago. The power company had came right before this started happening and turned my power off while I was at work. When I got home, I paid the bill, and they came and reconnected it that same day. A few days later, my whole frigging house loses power all of a sudden in the middle of the night. I always sleep with a fan on, so it woke me up. I go to the breaker box, and there are absolutely no breakers tripped! None! I went through all of them and flipped them, and it came back on. I did notice though, one of the breakers was really loose feeling compared to all the others. Could that have something to do with it?

Answers

Best Answer

A faulty breaker in your breaker box will cause this issue. Normally when a power company cuts the power it is to your meter and does not tourch your breaker boxes. They will remove the meter and put in two isolations on the connectors to cut the flow of power to your home. In your case the issue is in your breaker box. I would call the power company first and have them come out and check your meter. If this does not help then you need an electrician to change the breaker in your breaker box.

Answer this Question

The power went out in our living room including the front door hallway light. Even the outdoor light shut off. I went to the electrical panel and shut the individual switches on and off, but no power. I even switched off the main breaker and still nothing. There is no power in that area of the house. Does anyone know what might be wrong? I'm thinking it might be the main grid wire for that area of the house. What do you think people? I appreciate your feed back.
Thank you.

Answers

I am always the one to preach safety first with electricity and to call in the pros and not try home remedies unless you are an expert in electricity. Yes, I know it costs, but I know my town had two major house fires because of DIY electrical issues and that terrified me!!

To me it is worth it to get someone trained in to look and fix, vs. me crowd sourcing an answer! That is just me...I am a SAFETY FIRST GAL!!

Post back what you learn!! Good luck!!

I would call the power company first before you do any thing. DO NOT try to fix it yourself. It might be a short circuit or it might be a problem with an outside line.. If the power company can not find the problem then I thing you should call an independent electrician .

Anonymous

Hi had an electrician into my home and it was a break in one of the circuits over time it corroded so he replaced it and double checked all outlets in the area and everthing was good now have piece of mind thank you for your feed back .

In the majority of the cases, a tripped circuit breaker mostly cause by circuit overload. It could be a defective appliance, a damaged cord could do it as well. Unplug everything then trip the breakers each one.

Anonymous

Since when does electric utilities wk inside homes?? Ameren UE will barely shut power off outside!

Answer this Question

I lost power in area of my home about a week ago, no breaker had tripped. So I waited for a bit and the power just came back on and it stayed on for about a week. I lost power once again in the same area and it did try to come back on, but never did and no tripped breakers. What could cause this? Right now I have all items in my bedroom that were plugged in a wall outlet unplugged and plugged into power strips and extension cords. Everything else is hard wired.

I'm trying to replace an outside light fixture and when I do I flip the switch and it shuts down the whole circuit like I tripped the breaker, but the breaker's not tripped.

Our small business had a power outrage during the weekend. Everything is back on as normal, but a couple of power outlets on the customer floor and the restroom's power switch do not work. They have separate switches on the circuit board (3 out of 21 switches) and did not trip. Off and on doesn't make them work. I appreciate any comment what should I do?

After checking the wires coming out of the breakers, I have two that don't have any power coming out. I replaced the "faulty" breakers, but still have nothing coming out. The other breakers are showing 120v coming out when tested with a meter.

I changed one fixture in the kitchen and now I have no power to 5 lights. All lights were working before I changed that one. I took the one out, but there is still no power. I also checked the breaker and it is not tripped. Help.

I wired in a ceiling fan/light in my porch about a year ago and now there is no power. I took the fan down turned on the power and I have no power to the switch, and the breaker is not tripped!

I thought I had tripped the circuit breaker after turning on the TV, stereo, Satellite receiver all at the same time.

Load More

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalJune 18, 2018
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Not-Getting-Power-But-Circuit-Breaker-Was-Not-Tripped-4.html