Buying the Correct Circuit Breaker?

Category Electrical
The circuit breaker in your home breaker box is an essential part of your electrical system and an important safety component. This is a page about buying the correct circuit breaker.

I have a heat pump for the emergency heat. When it kicks on the heat strip and the blower motor overheat the breaker, so I replaced it. It's a 60 amp breaker, do I need to put a slightly bigger one in?

Answers

Best Answer

It is probably too much electricity for the breaker to handle. You may need to get an upgrade on your breaker

How do I know which breaker will work for my house? It's from the early 70s. The main hot wire is loose, the screw to tighten it is striped, and the light keeps dimming. The only mark I can find is 2 little labels, one says: und lab. inc. list circuit breaker, 2 pole unit issue km-43, 120/240 v.a.c. ctl type qitf or q1tf, square d .co [60] and the second says: lug, cu 6-0, al 4-0.

By Andrea

What should 20 amp breakers be used for? 15 amp? And so on.

By lajuera from TX

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalMay 19, 2013
🌻
🐛
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Buying-the-Correct-Circuit-Breaker-1.html