Breaker Trips When Outside Motion Light Shuts Off

Category Electrical
A tripping circuit breaker is indicative of an electrical issue that you will want to define and resolve. It may be the breaker itself, the wiring, or the motion sensing light. This is a page about the breaker trips when outside motion light shuts off.

I just replaced the outside motion light on my old in-laws' house thinking this was the reason why the breaker kicks off when the old outside motion light shut off. Well it didn't help. Over the last year, I have install new wiring and a separate breaker inside the house to try to solve this problem. The only 2 things left are to try replacing the old 40 or 50 year old steel covered underground wire to the light pole which is not today's code for wiring or could it be a bad breaker? I hope I can get some answers for this problem.

Answers

Best Answer

From DIYchatroom.com:

Try removing the light, capping off the wires, and seeing if the circuit still trips.

Double check the switch - make sure the ground isn't close to the side or back of the switch.

My motion light is being tripped to shut off. The other night it came on twice then shut off. When I went out side at 2:30 am someone was going over the fence!

Any tips? Should I install more cameras?

Answers

You may have to adjust the sensor range and sensitivity. This article shows how:
www.hunker.com/.../how-to-troubleshoot-an-outdoor-motion...

if someone is directly going into your yard, is there a chance that someone actually did trip or manipulate your light so that it would not go off?

if I were you I'd get a new light sensor but also a CCTV camera to see who is causing mischief on your property

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalJanuary 17, 2018
🎃
🎂
🌻