Breaker Trips When Outside Motion Light Shuts Off

Category Electrical
A tripping circuit breaker is indicative of an electrical issue that you will want to define and resolve. It may be the breaker itself, the wiring, or the motion sensing light. This is a guide about the breaker trips when outside motion light shuts off.

I just replaced the outside motion light on my old in-laws' house thinking this was the reason why the breaker kicks off when the old outside motion light shut off. Well it didn't help. Over the last year, I have install new wiring and a separate breaker inside the house to try to solve this problem. The only 2 things left are to try replacing the old 40 or 50 year old steel covered underground wire to the light pole which is not today's code for wiring or could it be a bad breaker? I hope I can get some answers for this problem.

Answers

Best Answer

From DIYchatroom.com:

Try removing the light, capping off the wires, and seeing if the circuit still trips.

Double check the switch - make sure the ground isn't close to the side or back of the switch.

try and switch it to a different breaker