Making an Egg Carton Ship
Read More Comments
While taking a stroll at San Diego Marina we enjoyed seeing the yachts, boats, and sailboats! My little one wanted to have his own and use it to transport rocks and marbles! You can use a lot of imagination with an egg carton!
Total Time: 30 minutes + drying time
- egg carton
- newspaper insert
- glue stick
- hot glue
- craft sticks
- paint brush
- Cut off the top and flap of an egg carton.
- Using any newspaper inserts/ads you no longer need, cut out a triangle. Your child can paint, or apply stickers/decorate anyway they would like. If using paint, allow to dry.
- You can tape the triangle to a chopstick or use craft sticks and hot glue (like I did).
- Once the triangle is painted and dried, glue it down to the craft stick.
- Using an X-acto knife, poke a hole in the center of the egg carton and place the chopstick in it. To reinforce the chopstick, use hot glue all around to keep in place.
- Using ribbon tie a knot at the top of the chopstick and thread through another hole in the center of one end of the egg carton and secure with another knot.
- Optional: Decorate some more if you'd like along the edge of the carton and its ready for your child to play with the boat!
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use 2 eggs cartons to create a ship. You can put candy or any little things in it.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.