Making an Egg Carton Alligator
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
July 24, 2018
This is an adorable little alligator made from painted egg cartons, toilet paper tubes, and paper scraps. It is a cheap craft for all ages!
A hot glue gun is recommended for putting the alligator's jaw together. Children should have adults do that part. You can also forego the hot glue if you have time to sit and pinch the jaw with regular glue. :)
Total Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 1 alligator
- 2 egg cartons
- 2 toilet paper tubes
- green and pink paint (and any accent colours, if desired)
- white paper
- black paper
- hot glue
- Cut off the bottom of one of the egg cartons to make the alligator body. Cut the second egg carton in half, then split the top and bottom. This will make it's mouth.
- Paint the exterior of all the egg carton segments green. Let dry.
- To make its legs, cut the cardboard tubes in half, then paint green. Let dry.
- The lower jaw of the alligator will be the flatter top piece of the egg carton half. When its green paint is dry, paint the inside pink.
- Cut two strips of white paper at least 11 inches long.
- Cut little triangles out of the white paper to make long strips of alligator teeth.
- Glue them into the top and bottom mouth pieces.
- Cut out tiny triangles out of one side of each toilet paper tube to make claws.
- Cut very short strips into the tops of the legs so they can fit into the alligator body, inside the egg holding cups.
- Glue 2 into the last cups and 2 into the second set of cups.
- Glue top mouth piece over the first row of egg cups on the alligator body. Glue the bottom piece right under. Trim the teeth so they're a nice fit.
- Cut out 2 round circles for eyes, then 2 smaller black circles for pupils. Glue pupils onto eyes.
- Glue eyes onto the third set of egg cups on the top mouth section.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.