Egg Carton Rose Brooch
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
April 17, 2018
Don't throw away your empty egg cartons. You can make beautiful roses out of them, then glue them onto an old pin. When painted, the cartons make a beautiful almost canvas-like material. This is one gorgeous upcycled brooch that I think you should try!
An egg carton that holds a dozen eggs can make three roses.
Total Time: 45 minutes plus dry time
- egg carton
- button pin
- hot glue gun
- Cut out a square of four egg compartments.
- Cut into four bowls, trimming off all the high edges.
- Make cuts into one of the bowls, up to the circular section in the middle, to make 6 petals.
- Another bowl should have 5 petals, and the last two bowls should have four petals.
- Trim the edges of the pedals so they are rounded.
- Paint all sides and edges. Allow to dry completely.
- Apply glue to the middle and the base of 2 of the side petals on the 6-petal piece.
- Bring the 2 petals up and make them hug each other. Hold firmly until it stays in the position by itself.
- Add glue to the other petal bases and bring up in the same manner, hugging them onto the center piece.
- Now you have the center of the rose that you will glue into the next piece.
- Add glue to the center of the 5-petal piece.
- Firmly affix the rose piece you just made onto it. Glue the next petals up, slightly staggering the petals.
- Glue into the 4-petal piece, using the same technique, then again with the last 4-petal piece.
- Hot glue the finished rose onto the face of the button pin.
- Pin it onto your top and be proud of your upcycled brooch!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.